• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    She can prove how progressive she is by ignoring labels.....those who wish us harm.....not as progressive and willing to kill over labels.

But hey, if you're elected by your district, how can you be frozen out of committee posts based on yet-to-proven allegations?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Instead of the click bait title focusing on religion would it not be better to focus on the attributes that make him an unwise choice?

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    A basic tenant of Islam is that a believers first obligation is to the prophet and not to his or her state or country. That seems like all the attributes one should need to consider when considering appointment to this committee.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A basic tenant of Islam is that a believers first obligation is to the prophet and not to his or her state or country. That seems like all the attributes one should need to consider when considering appointment to this committee.

Um, wouldn't that be true of all religions?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I have no problem with him being a muslim. I have a problem with his ultra-liberal positions and monarchical ascendance to his grandmother's congressional seat.

Frankly, the fact that he is meaningfully religious - it appears that he actually practices his faith - is one of the few things I appreciate about him.

Would INGO prefer a philandering Christian in that position?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have no problem with him being a muslim. I have a problem with his ultra-liberal positions and monarchical ascendance to his grandmother's congressional seat.

Frankly, the fact that he is meaningfully religious - it appears that he actually practices his faith - is one of the few things I appreciate about him.

Would INGO prefer a philandering Christian in that position?

+1 that, and I honestly don't think he's that smart. I don't think a lot of politicians are smart, but he's on a whole 'nother level of dumbness. He got his seat on name rec alone.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Philandering Christians are not required by their law and religion to kill you for not joining.

Well, a couple things - a philandering Christian is a hypocrite. Although sometimes it is a painful necessity, I try not to vote for hypocrites.

Second, Muslims are no more "required" to kill non-Muslims than Christians are "required" to kill adulterers.

Oh... wait. Leviticus 20:10.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Well this thread won't last long. Hard to discuss a topic about Muslims without touching on religion. Religion can be used to support any viewpoint, isn't Sunday between the hours of 9 -Noon the most segregated time in the U.S. ? There are good people who are Muslims, Christians, etc, etc and there are bad people from the same group, Westboro Church doesn't represent my view just and ISIS doesn't represent the Muslims I know.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, a couple things - a philandering Christian is a hypocrite. Although sometimes it is a painful necessity, I try not to vote for hypocrites.

Second, Muslims are no more "required" to kill non-Muslims than Christians are "required" to kill adulterers.

Oh... wait. Leviticus 20:10.

Oh wait, John 8:2-11. there is always a place for mercy....in Christianity.

Further HoughMade sayeth naught.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, too, the Koran, Surat az-zumar 39:53:
    Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.

But, again, is this really about religion or a political appointment?

How many INGOers believe that in modern America, a politician's religious beliefs trump their political goals?* I thought we culturally resolved this with JFK.

*Totally ignoring the complete misunderstanding of modern Islam.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1) Lots of Muslims in the intelligence apparatus. Who do you think translates everything from captured documents to phone calls? I guarded one of the hand full of SCIFs that received documents captured in Iraq. Primarily contractors from Arabic nations...and primarily Muslim. Who do you think acts as informants and human intelligence field agents? How about nations like Jordan who are our ally?

2) Raise your hand if you really think Andre Carson is a jihadi terrorist.

3) I'll avoid the religious discussion, but will agree with T. Lex...politics, politics, politics.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom