• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2021
    South Florida
    Paul L. Livoli was born in Cambridge, MA on October 19, 1941. He was raised and educated in Waltham, MA and earned his Associate’s Degree in Engineering. Paul was a U.S. Marine Corp 3 rd Division veteran and served two tours in Vietnam. He was a highly decorated veteran having earned three Bronze Stars, a Silver Star, two Purple Hearts and the Navy Cross. A military history buff, he owned Paul’s Historical Military Store in Milford, NH.
    Handmade Vietnamese break action, single shot pistol that resembles a flare gun. The caliber is about 410 and the barrel is 3 ½ long. The right side of the frame has two Asian characters that translated mean "Gun 6" but the pistol is otherwise unmarked
    The letters authenticity was confirmed by his son Dennis who stated he asked to hear the story of the pistols capture which his dad agreed to tell him. Unfortunately, he passed unexpectedly before that conversation happened. My dad didn't talk much about his time in the service and always told me that our family has given enough blood for this country and I was to go to college. It is only by the letter you provided that I now know he was in the 3rd Marines. I didn't even know he was awarded the Navy Cross (or even what it was) until just about a year before he passed. It took me a little while to get up the nerve to ask him too. When I did, I told him I wasn't sure I had the right to know as I didn't serve. He chuckled and said I run into burning buildings for a living, I could handle his story. It was during this conversation he did tell me about what it was like coming home from Vietnam. Having to change out of his uniform in airport bathrooms just so the cab would stop.
    Mr Livoil may have had some mental decline as the letter was written a few months before he passed. I didn't want to ask his son about that because it would be inappropriate. I'm having trouble finding anymore information on Mr Livoli.
    Liv-1.png
    Liv-2.png VCCC3.png

Top Bottom