My wife wants her own handgun, suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • char130802

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bremen in
    Got my wife a sccy 9mm hot pink all that dint think much about it the wife liked it so we got it I get home and realized it dose not have a safety I know it didn't look close enough so I don't let her keep one in the chamber I just wish I woulda got her a gun with safety

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Modern day revolvers occupy 2 roles: small snubs or large hunting guns.

Actually 3 roles....Fun...In this day and age of tactical "shoot to live so you can live to shoot" we sometimes forget the role a good medium size revolver can play as just a "fun gun"...

I have a plethora of K 22's, all shooter grade, in both 4 inch and 6 inch varieties, and they are truly just a fun gun to shoot...Every weekend I fill up a little plastic Remington Golden Bucket with about 200 rounds and shoot steel with a beater model 18-2 I have....Whenever we have guests to the weekend farm house these are the guns I load up and teach them the fundamentals with...Here is my wife's cousin visiting from Argentina shooting a firearm for the first time...My Smith 17-3 I believe....

DSC01325.jpg

IMHO of course....

Here is a close up of a "fun gun" (with her Sunday go to meeting grips on her...)

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Actually 3 roles....Fun...In this day and age of tactical "shoot to live so you can live to shoot" we sometimes forget the role a good medium size revolver can play as just a "fun gun"...

I have a plethora of K 22's, all shooter grade, in both 4 inch and 6 inch varieties, and they are truly just a fun gun to shoot...Every weekend I fill up a little plastic Remington Golden Bucket with about 200 rounds and shoot steel with a beater model 18-2 I have....Whenever we have guests to the weekend farm house these are the guns I load up and teach them the fundamentals with...Here is my wife's cousin visiting from Argentina shooting a firearm for the first time...My Smith 17-3 I believe....

I will go along with the "fun gun" idea as well. I love .22 revolvers!

utf-8BSU1HMDAxODQtMjAxMTExMTItMTYwNC5qcGc-1.jpg

My dad has an 8 shot .357 N frame that is hoot on the range as well, but that is a big gun and probably not the most practical for many people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got my wife a sccy 9mm hot pink all that dint think much about it the wife liked it so we got it I get home and realized it dose not have a safety I know it didn't look close enough so I don't let her keep one in the chamber I just wish I woulda got her a gun with safety

There won't be a problem if she keeps her finger off the trigger, and the barrel in a safe direction.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers

Safeties can fail. The real safety is her brain...it's pretty easy to carry a gun without a safety if you follow simple gun safety rules. I do it every single day

There won't be a problem if she keeps her finger off the trigger, and the barrel in a safe direction.

this

Top Bottom