• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now I'm no constitutional scholar.

I don't recall seeing a provision for the ATF in the Constitution.

Could the states "opt out" of the "authority" and rules of the ATF?
    It's my understanding that if we followed the 2nd Amendment as it was originally written and ratified, ALL federal firearm laws would be unconstitutional.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's my understanding that if we followed the 2nd Amendment as it was originally written and ratified, ALL federal firearm laws would be unconstitutional.

And it's up to the people to fix the government when the government becomes destructive to those ends.

That includes more than pushing a button every 2-4 years. I don't know whether it's going to be more funny or more depressing watching people when the government decides that even pushing that button is a step too far.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It's my understanding that if we followed the 2nd Amendment as it was originally written and ratified, ALL federal firearm laws would be are unconstitutional.
    FTFY

The BoRs (see preamble) restricts the Federal government from infringing upon a citizen's Right to keep and bear arms. The 14th Amendment guarantees that Right to ALL citizens of these United States. (... No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.")

If the Federal government was operating in conformance with the Constitution there would be no Federal firearms law restricting citizen's access to arms, and the Federal government would be dragging States which restricted citizen's Right to arms into Federal court to prohibit such infringements.

See how far we have actually fallen?

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    FTFY

The BoRs (see preamble) restricts the Federal government from infringing upon a citizen's Right to keep and bear arms. The 14th Amendment guarantees that Right to ALL citizens of these United States. (... No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.")

If the Federal government was operating in conformance with the Constitution there would be no Federal firearms law restricting citizen's access to arms, and the Federal government would be dragging States which restricted citizen's Right to arms into Federal court to prohibit such infringements.

See how far we have actually fallen?
    But if it saves only one child……. I was too lazy to make it purple.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My thoughts regarding ATF are fairly straightforward:

We should all have more alcohol (and good quality too. No swill.):buddies:

We all should enjoy tobacco. Cigar or pipe does not matter.:bacondance:

And we should all have much more firearms. Maybe a tax credit for everyone you buy.:biggun:

Do not forget explosives. We need more and bigger for the upcoming 4th of July.:patriot: Tax breaks here too!

Regards,

Doug:patriot:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    ATF
    1. Take care of illegal manufacturing of Alcohol
    2. Stop tobacco bootlegging
    3. IF you are manufacturing firearms insure that the are safe.

They can only enforce laws passed by congress on the federal level IMO.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My thoughts regarding ATF are fairly straightforward:

We should all have more alcohol (and good quality too. No swill.):buddies:

We all should enjoy tobacco. Cigar or pipe does not matter.:bacondance:

And we should all have much more firearms. Maybe a tax credit for everyone you buy.:biggun:

Do not forget explosives. We need more and bigger for the upcoming 4th of July.:patriot: Tax breaks here too!

Regards,

Doug:patriot:
    My opinions, thoughts, and beliefs regarding this particular central state agency may not be "fairly straight forward".

If so, let me be clear.

scum of the scum.

Take an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the States, make a career raping and shredding it.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    ATF
    1. Take care of illegal manufacturing of Alcohol
    2. Stop tobacco bootlegging
    3. IF you are manufacturing firearms insure that the are safe.

They can only enforce laws passed by congress on the federal level IMO.
    I should be able to make an unsafe firearm for personal use.

Also, if the aft is castrated and only involved in firearm safety then I expect large clips, bumble stocks, and sexy triggers to be deemed unsafe.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    It all comes down to too large a government. All the alphabet agencies are trying to become their own governments without having to be voted in by the people.

Do you know all elevators have to be inspected by Homeland Security? What in the wide wide world of sports do elevators have to do with homeland security?

You think up a problem that no ones even thinks is a problem and make yourself indispensable to correcting that imaginary problem and you have a job for life. If we had elected leadership that had some C.O. Jones we would have a keep/cull and put 3/4 of the parasites out to pasture to try and be productive in the private sector. Now that would be worth the watch...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When were they ever involved in illegal manufacturing of alcohol? Wasn't it all about not paying taxes?
    From the beginning that's what it was about. Taxes. Distilled alcohol, then and now, is a very value added product and the government sees it as a source of money. You can make homemade wine and beer with no objection from ATF, but once you start distilling it, you cross the line into the tax zone.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    When were they ever involved in illegal manufacturing of alcohol? Wasn't it all about not paying taxes?
    @KLB

Taxation is what I meant about alcohol. They also can regulate weed once it’s legal.

I can accept going after G($)k switch guys and traffickers of weapons.

The safety angle is testing new designs to ensure they are drop safe and stuff. That may not be a good idea could lead to overreach?

All the federal government agencies need scaled back.
    like @Mongo59 stated.

Top Bottom