• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have been working on a room in my detached garage to begin reloading ammo. This has actually been in progress for over 6 months now but doing it all by myself and working full time it has been slow going. The room is about 11' by 14'. I am putting work benches on 3 walls of the room and have run lots of outlets to make sure I have enough. Right now I have one 4' fluorescent light hanging but I have 3 more to put up.

Also I already have a lee 4 hole turret press as well as carbide dies, tumbler, everything else I need to get going. I know I am jumping the gun a bit but the wife is not to excited for me so I had to brag to somebody. I am ready to get started. :rockwoot:

room2.jpg

room1.jpg

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Very jealous. I only have half the garage and I had to fight for that. Wife likes to shoot a lot though so every time we go, I remind her where it came from. Your setup looks like its going to be great. Post more pics along the way!

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    JUST REMIND WIFE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE AND IF YOU DID NOT SAVE BY RELOADING
    THAT SOMTHING LIKE HER CAR PAMENT WOULD HAVE TO GO AND SHE COULD END UP DRIVING SOME THING FROM MID 90S OR HAS MY FIRST WIFE DID IT WAS HER THAT WENT HA HA HA LOL THIS WAS A GOOD THING FOR ME

SLIM400
    MOST OF THE TIME IF YOU CAN PROVE YOUR POINT THAY GET IT

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Definitely getting there! :)

Looks like you'll have plenty of room. Be sure to build some shelves for reloading books and a container (with loose top) for your powder. You could build a special shelf, with narrow vertical rows, to store boxes of bullets.

Green is the color of envy! :D

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    It is just a little short of half the detached garage. I used 3/4 plywood to sheet one wall just so I could put up a bunch of heavy shelving along it. I also plan one putting in some drawers and corner shelves when I have the time. Right now I just want to finish up the benches and get my equipment set up. It would be done if not for that pesky job. lol. The wife is supportive of me doing anything that has to do with guns and ammo. Just not excited about it like I am.

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    FLOW

Hello there I would make a suggestion to you that as you begin to place equipment to work out a flow pattern and storage. Were items are going to be used if possible for instance. I would make my storage for my brass and my tumbling station as close to the doors. I could powder primer and bullets pretty close to the press. Stores have ready to go ammo back over by the door just a suggestion after 30 years of loading myself
    Hope this helps
    Slim400

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Thank you for the suggestion slim. That is what I am planning on doing. I got the counters finished last night and plan on moving equipment in this weekend before I build any shelving. I was going to start it last night but that exact thought came to my mind. I am really hoping if time allows I will be shooting my first 9mm reloads this weekend.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    JUST REMIND WIFE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE AND IF YOU DID NOT SAVE BY RELOADING
    THAT SOMTHING LIKE HER CAR PAMENT WOULD HAVE TO GO AND SHE COULD END UP DRIVING SOME THING FROM MID 90S OR HAS MY FIRST WIFE DID IT WAS HER THAT WENT HA HA HA LOL THIS WAS A GOOD THING FOR ME

SLIM400
    MOST OF THE TIME IF YOU CAN PROVE YOUR POINT THAY GET IT

You know for a fact that no one saves money reloading, reloaders just end up shooting more.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Got the benches finished up and started getting all of my gear together today. My tumbler is working and started pulling primers from some of the brass I have. I figure I will get a 50 9mm's loaded up and go the range with those, probably 50/50 on the two powders I have. Happy to finally get going with it. Would have got more done but it is mothers day. Gotta spend some time inside the house.

Top Bottom