• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I decided it would be best for me and my family to have an NFA trust. So, I asked around (here) and people recommended Grant Liston. I emailed him and asked if he would be able to help. Almost immediately, I received a reply. He asked for the necessary information, asked a few more questions to fine tune it, and that was it.

The timeline...

October 7 - I sent an email asking about NFA trust. Grant replied.
    October 9 - I receive my trust.
    November 8 - I receive a bill.

That's it. Easy, painless, and quick. Worth every penny.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    I can only echo the OP's experience. Did mine last Monday and had it by midweek. I have already sent others to Grant as well

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Sorry for newb question but what exactly is a NFA trust and what are the benifits. I'm trying to do my research for a future SBR build.

Trusts do a few things. For one, they can allow anyone else who is in the trust to possess items in the trust, even if you arent present. So if you add your dad to the trust, you can loan him your SBR. If you didnt have a trust, or if he wasnt part of your trust, that would be illegal. The other thing they do is allow you to bypass the fingerprints, photo, and CLEO sign-off, however this may be changing in the coming months.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The reason I went with a trust is because I have a wife and adult children. I didn't like the idea of having to lock up an NFA item and not allow my wife to access it if I was not there. The other reason is that, sooner or later, I'm gonna die and it's easier to pass NFA items through the trust.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My 12 year old is on my trust. He can't own the weapons until he is of age. The Trustie's have control until he reaches age if something hapens to me. I do not know the process for adding someone to the trust after it is formed.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    My 12 year old is on my trust. He can't own the weapons until he is of age. The Trustie's have control until he reaches age if something hapens to me. I do not know the process for adding someone to the trust after it is formed.

So I could add them in now if they are underage. I wasn't sure about that hence the question off adding youngins later. Thanks!

Top Bottom