SBSHOTGUN2.jpg

Remington 870 Magnum

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    How long's that barrel? Since this is the NFA forum, I'm guessing less than 18"? If that's so, then based upon that pic, you are in constructive posession of an illegal SBS...?

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    How long's that barrel? Since this is the NFA forum, I'm guessing less than 18"? If that's so, then based upon that pic, you are in constructive posession of an illegal SBS...?
    Would this be the case if he had another 870, which currently had a pistol grip on it?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The pistol grip really has nothing to do with it. It is that he has that stock/grip unit. Having that and the shotgun (presumably an AOW) and the stock makes it constructive posession of an SBS. If he has another 870, then he is good to go as long as there is a legal configuration available for each part owned.

ETA: now that I noticed the date of the photo, I am going to guess that he is about to start paperwork on that thing? I need more info.....

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The pistol grip really has nothing to do with it. It is that he has that stock/grip unit. Having that and the shotgun (presumably an AOW) and the stock makes it constructive posession of an SBS. If he has another 870, then he is good to go as long as there is a legal configuration available for each part owned.

ETA: now that I noticed the date of the photo, I am going to guess that he is about to start paperwork on that thing? I need more info.....
    I just used the pistol grip as an example because it would make the most sense to convert from a pistol grip to a stock.

The date stamp could always be wrong too.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I would take the pic down.

The F-troop makes a point of monitoring gun forums.

Yes, I know it is a photo shop job.
    Yes, I know the laws are stupid.

But I stand by my advice on taking the pic down.

Crimson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Columbus, Indiana
    I thought it was neat until I got to the photoshop part. Bad 40cal, very bad, misleading us like that. LOL By the way I love photoshop, you can do some very cool photo editing with it.

Top Bottom