• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    About a month ago i was in my LGS and put 30 bucks down on two raffles for an ar-15

well, i won! Ive never won anything before. Im super excited. It is a " gnar-15 " ? Ive never heard of this brand before and i wont get to inspect the rifle until tuesday.

Anybody know anything about Gnar AR-15's? The internet is lacking on info. I dont really care if its super nice or an entry level. Just excited to win.

the funds went to local police.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like you helped by the new Bearcat... :):

Congrats!

The site the duck linked above looks like these are higher end custom builds? Better post some pics when you get it.

Holler if you need anything to get going. Way easier to borrow odds and ends (sights, mags, etc.) if you don't have them vs throwing random $ just to hear the first bang.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    GNAR-15s look like pretty nice rifles from what I could dig up on google, although I had never heard of them before. That said, any rifle you get for $30 in 2018 is a great one. Congratulations!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I kinda forgot about the drawing. The guy at the counter was super nice, im a younger guy and i feel like a lot of gun shops see me come in and think "oh great another window shopper" which i get, but he was kind to me answered a few questions i had, so i threw a couple bucks at his raffle.

bwframe, thanks a lot for extending a hand. I really appreciate it. I have a couple odds and ends to slap on it. If youd like to hit a range sometime let me know. Its summer and this guy is done with school for a few weeks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Congrats on the win. I don't know about it being a higher end type of build but it certainly looks to be of decent enough assembled quality by a company looking for their own marketing niche according what I gleaned from the article posted above.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now that's an outstanding return on your investment!
    I've never heard of Gnar either, but that doesn't say much.
    Volumes could be filled with what I DON'T know!

Just a few weeks ago I won a S&W M&P15 at a FNRA banquet.
    I already had more than one AR15 in the safe, so I gave it to my uncle.
    I didn't even shoot it first.
    I ended up putting out $100 for my AR15, so $30 is indeed a steal.
    My uncle just gave me (and my two brothers) 50 acres of woods to hunt.

That Gnar looks like it's a bit higher quality that your run of the mill PSA or Anderson.
    Enjoy.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I kinda forgot about the drawing. The guy at the counter was super nice, im a younger guy and i feel like a lot of gun shops see me come in and think "oh great another window shopper" which i get, but he was kind to me answered a few questions i had, so i threw a couple bucks at his raffle.
    Can we know what LGS is helping support out officers? #LGS Patronage Matters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Can we know what LGS is helping support out officers? #LGS Patronage Matters

Im embarassed! I cant remember the name of the shop, It used to be called H.P.S.S ( home protection and security services )? Then it closed down and reopened as "American Arms". Im pretty sure its got a new name again. Its the one over there across the street from traildust army surplus. Kinda tucked away.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Im embarassed! I cant remember the name of the shop, It used to be called H.P.S.S ( home protection and security services )? Then it closed down and reopened as "American Arms". Im pretty sure its got a new name again. Its the one over there across the street from traildust army surplus. Kinda tucked away.
    Sargent's ?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    IMG_8854.jpg

So the guy was telling me about the gnar AR during the same conversation as the raffle ( i think the owner mentioned buying that company out?)and i must of shorted out, any way, i still got a pretty sweet shop custom on an Aero lower. I threw a couple things on it that i had laying around and im ready to go shoot.

has a nice quad rail, trigger feels smooth and broken in. Has a .223 wylde barrel on it. All in all i couldnt be more stoked.

Top Bottom