Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The original

Toollogic Inc unusual gifts

Actually it is the second generation of it, I bought them when they first came out. My knife has a wedge shaped notch on the blade behind the edge, the newer version with notches on the back edge is better.

You might add a few notches on the spine of yours? It is an idea worth borrowing. Knife is great. So is the sheath, did you make it too?

Sweet James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    London
    Thanks for your kind words. Yep made the sheath too. I'll steer clear of Muslim swaps and may pass on the free gift idea too. The Swedish fire steels are useful for lighting fires when you are camping. (No need for matches.) The spine if the knife has some crazy filework on it - two kissing snakes. I'm working on running wolves and jumping salmon filework on the spine on some of my knives too. Use a jewellers file to create it. Will try to post some more pictures soon.

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    Very nice work. I really like the overall shape. The lines flow nicely. The sheath is very nice as well. I know only a limited amount about working with leather. Hope to fix that sometime.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Looks outstanding, you must be a very talented craftsman to create such a beautiful blade. Between yourself ,Cubby, and Fergy35, we have some great knifemakers!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thanks for your kind words. Yep made the sheath too. I'll steer clear of Muslim swaps and may pass on the free gift idea too. The Swedish fire steels are useful for lighting fires when you are camping. (No need for matches.) The spine if the knife has some crazy filework on it - two kissing snakes. I'm working on running wolves and jumping salmon filework on the spine on some of my knives too. Use a jewellers file to create it. Will try to post some more pictures soon.
    I assume you do watch repair too?

One thing about the notch for the firesteel. The notch on the first gen version of the toologic knife, the one I have, is genius. I have never seen anything produce more sparks in one stroke except for a blast match. Where they put it was not great, but the design of the notch showed some thought. I bet you could do a blend of that notch and put it on the spine, especially with your ability to do scroll work.

It is not really needed, but obviously you have the ability to do it!

Sweet James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    London
    No watch repair!

No I don['t do watches but funnily enough my Uncle does. He is a master jeweller. I get him to do some fancy engraving on some special knives I make occassionally if someoe commissions me. They are few and far between. Here is a bowie I just made. It's 16 inches long and the blade is 2.5 inches deep. It will cut right through 3 inch saplings and take the head right off a rabbit in one. I had great fun making it. Looking to make some neckers next. I'd really like to make an old style coffin handled bowie like the real early ones too.

Anyway, here's the bowie:

Monster bowie with awesome carbon steel blade picture by SweetJames1 - Photobucket

:)

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    No I don['t do watches but funnily enough my Uncle does. He is a master jeweller. I get him to do some fancy engraving on some special knives I make occassionally if someoe commissions me. They are few and far between. Here is a bowie I just made. It's 16 inches long and the blade is 2.5 inches deep. It will cut right through 3 inch saplings and take the head right off a rabbit in one. I had great fun making it. Looking to make some neckers next. I'd really like to make an old style coffin handled bowie like the real early ones too.

Anyway, here's the bowie:

Monster bowie with awesome carbon steel blade picture by SweetJames1 - Photobucket

:)

WOW... did you make all of those knives in that photobucket account? Those are unbelievably good! If that's your craftsmanship on display there, you are seriously gifted.

kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    nice knife!

I really like the knife a lot! I had one similar to that made for me when I graduated high school. It was made by a guy named Johnny Wright or some people call him Bucky. Although the handle on mine was some sort of antler. Great job on that one~!

Sweet James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    London
    Thanks for your kind comments. I made a version with stag antler for the handle too. I love knives, they are my passion. I buy them/collect them too.

Sweet James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    London
    Very nice work on that bowie. I really like the handle work. How long have you been making knives? Looks like you have had quite a bit of practice.
    About five years. The first year wasn't so good and I made lot of mistakes. A lot of wasted steel and burl. In the end I got it though. I love designing crazy choppers, hatchets and knives. I just made a little carver. It is so sharp I've cut myself twice in a week cleaning it. I'll put a picture on my Photobucket account later and post a link here. I designed it for real hunters who want a very sharp knife for skinning and gutting. It is ridiculously sharp. Even my wife cut herself when she moved it in the kitchen! LOL! I think it is a weapon of mass destruction. Anyway going back to bed...too much JD last night!

Top Bottom