• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    The girlfriend has recently gotten into guns and has begun to like them more and more. She wanted to try taking some pictures with them. I'm only used to taking pictures of cars and buildings... People is a whole different ball game. Feel free to critique. She's very shy, and it took a lot for her to do this. :)

Here is the first picture:
    6495_835599829218_13743722_48281128_831641_n.jpg

Tonight we took this one, I think it came out much better.
    6495_842856272248_13743722_48593130_7533592_n.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    She pretty and you pictures show good posing. If you want a critique here it is. Consider a longer lens. looks like you're shooting at less than a 50mm. Look closely at the sizing of her lower half versus her upper half. Of course it's more evident in laying down picture but even in the sitting picture her lower leg looks to be as tall as her upper half. If possible use a longer lens. I probably wouldn't shoot this with less than an 80mm lens. More likely a 105mm. This will cut down the perspective effect. If you don't have a longer lens or don't have the space to use one then you can try to arrange the subject so that parts are equal distance from the camera. (She could be seated sideways for instance.)
    Hope this helps, Ya they are very nice pictures and definitely worth showing off.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In the first picture it looks like she is very solemn, sort of like someone might look AFTER they just shot a home invader and had time to think about what just happened.

Second picture is OK, but the buttstock is fully extended, most girls I know don't use an AR15 with the stock fully extended, maybe only about 3/4 extended because they typically are smaller framed and don't need the full extended length of pull. Plus, there is no real mental connection I can come up with to link the AR15 to a girl dressed to go out for the evening. The girl/gun look out of place together in that photo. The photo shows off both the gun and the girl, but doesn't provide any context to connect the two so it really doesn't make you think.

I like the first picture better, it makes you ponder her thoughts, wonder what events had unfolded. There is a message in that picture.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    very classy... alot of the time you see guys posting this stuff its borderline trashy... your photos do both the guns and the girlfriend justice... well done and repped

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    There's our INGO Female Model that Fenway was wanting for the INGO Online Store. Nice Job, man! Way to keep the pictures looking like something for a art show.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looks good! I agree with the previously mentioned critiques, and I might add the second (again I am not a professional) would look good in B&W, yes a bit cliche, but for some reason it seems to fit that pic...:dunno:

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    im liking the idea... i think they should have more models in gun magazines like they do my bike magazines etc.. but they would say that would lead to kids N guns then cause you know the chics draw the younger crowds too lol

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Nice shots, I would like to see one with a softbox or bounced flash that highlights her hands and the gun,or her face depending on the pose, then have the rest gradually fade to black.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Man good luck. My wife is all into pistols and shoots very well. But she refuses to touch my rifles, she once cleaned part of one. But has never shot a single one.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Classy photos, nice looking gal and weapons. I liked the first one best for its artsy-ness.
    Maybe you can dream up some scenes of her involved in personal protection, like answering the door (armed of course), relaxing with a weapon nearby and ready, out for the evening and packing, etc.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Not too bad at all.

If you want your subject to pop from your background, you can try illuminating your background separately. You can get one of those little adjustable arm desk lamps to turn up to cast light against your background, but remain concealed.

Watch the blowouts as well (where all detail is lost, either too dark or too light). Not sure what you are shooting with, but assuming it's digital, you should be able to specify what light you are in, be it natural/incandescent/etc.. and it will help rid the picture of color casts, depending on what the setting is. Many times the auto light adjust doesn't work so well.

Keep taking pictures and experiment!

Top Bottom