• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I drove down to kentucky yesterday morning to hunt opening day. I left my house at 2:30 am and was in the stand set up by 5:50, shooting light was 6:41. At 7:01 this 8 pt came through, i shot him at 30 yards it was a complete pass through. It blew through the off side shoulder and went about 10 yards past where he was standing and buried in the mud. I built my own arrows this year and theyre 511gr. Im very pleased with the arrows and broadhead combo. He ran about 70 yards but most of that was falling down a steep hill. We got him taken care of and i was back i indiana by lunch. Usually id pass on a deer that size but ive never killed a deer in full velvet so hes at the taxidermist. Now im gonna get a little more fishing in before our season starts 123_1(3).jpeg Resized_20220903_090544.jpeg 123_1(2).jpeg

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Very nice. I like the idea of out of state opportunities. I've hunted KY just one day, in the past, and got a doe. If I get my workload in control earlier next year, that might be fun again.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I drove down to kentucky yesterday morning to hunt opening day. I left my house at 2:30 am and was in the stand set up by 5:50, shooting light was 6:41. At 7:01 this 8 pt came through, i shot him at 30 yards it was a complete pass through. It blew through the off side shoulder and went about 10 yards past where he was standing and buried in the mud. I built my own arrows this year and theyre 511gr. Im very pleased with the arrows and broadhead combo. He ran about 70 yards but most of that was falling down a steep hill. We got him taken care of and i was back i indiana by lunch. Usually id pass on a deer that size but ive never killed a deer in full velvet so hes at the taxidermist. Now im gonna get a little more fishing in before our season starts View attachment 221907 View attachment 221908 View attachment 221909

VERY NICE!!!

What part of Kentucky?

N9Zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    Cass County
    Very nice indeed! That's cool man that you built your own arrows that's something new to me and what a shot! Congrats man and have a great rest of the weekend you're off to a good start forsure.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Very nice. I like the idea of out of state opportunities. I've hunted KY just one day, in the past, and got a doe. If I get my workload in control earlier next year, that might be fun again.
    Be careful where you go. I moved back to Indiana from Tennessee and still hunt in Tennessee. Technically, if I shoot a deer in Tennessee, I cannot leave the state with the carcass. This is in an effort to keep cwd from spreading. I don't know which ones, but have heard some other states have similar laws

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Be careful where you go. I moved back to Indiana from Tennessee and still hunt in Tennessee. Technically, if I shoot a deer in Tennessee, I cannot leave the state with the carcass. This is in an effort to keep cwd from spreading. I don't know which ones, but have heard some other states have similar laws
    You can't legally bring a whole carcass into Indiana from any other state according to Indiana law. It has to be deboned first and the skull needs to be boiled clean or the skull cap removed and cleaned of all brain matter.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Hell Yeah, Congrats!

I've always wanted to try for a velvet buck, just never new how to go about it. Other than with an outfitter, which is out of the cards.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Hell Yeah, Congrats!

I've always wanted to try for a velvet buck, just never new how to go about it. Other than with an outfitter, which is out of the cards.
    My uncle owns a little bit of land down there. Even if he didn't id still go down there. They have a ton of public land

Top Bottom