• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Been working on a set of chef knives and my wife came out to the shop and asked where all the designs on the knife was.
    She has been seeing me working on damascus for the past couple of knives. I am using 1084 now and decided to try my
    hand at acid etching. Definitely a new work in progress. While I was at it, decided to do some dovetail bolsters with purple heart handles.
    Went for a classic wedge style handle with a diminishing taper. HT to 61 rc with a flat grind at 12 deg.
    Gave it to my chef today to let him brutalize it for a while and give me back a report. Sorry the pix are very good, couldn't find good
    lighting in the restaurant.
    photo8.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

photo13.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Thanks everyone !!! Well, after a week, I got my chef's and cook's opinion today... It passed !!!
    It was passed around each day to a different station and cook. It got its workout. It was in the prep area for all 6 days, 5 hours each day.
    It cut 300 lbs of produce, 60 lbs of chicken, 3 loins each of ham and corned beef. Then it went to the line where it got used cutting sandwiches,
    potatoes, lettuce, etc. The only thing we did is put it on the steel stick each morning to hone it. Still doesn't need sharpened yet.
    I'm giving this one to my chef for a "job well done". Hoping to get my 8" Slicer done this week.

Top Bottom