• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My LGS in Greenville, Indiana has a S&W 67 marked 'Louisville Police', it is a no dash so it was made 1972-78. Dirty and definitely carried, he is asking $500 which is what it books in 'excellent condition', I would call it 'good'. Does the police mark carry that kind of premium?
    I don't think so; however, in this market, the price is not far off, even for shooter condition.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I remember the Auction being run at an auction place off of where ever street closer to I-70 and East Washington streets, Sheriffs Deputies held up each item as it was called, oh how I miss those days.
    Then a National News reporter got wind of it and Uncle Jack (Sheriff Jack Cottey) had to shut it down.
    A Taurus 92 is a great pistol if I remember correctly, but we are going back to around 1992, since I last shot one.

I had to turn in MC092SD, and now have MC173SD, both Glock-22's and my "C" prefix Glock-27 with the Sheriffs logo on it too both reside in my safe.
    I always look for a chance to buy LE Marked but I have a Ill State Police, Southport PD, Louisisna MC173SD.jpg State Police, and others with no markings on them.
    My Glock 19 Gen 2 NYPD just starts "GS".

MCSD 2.5 gen G-27.jpg

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My LGS in Greenville, Indiana has a S&W 67 marked 'Louisville Police', it is a no dash so it was made 1972-78. Dirty and definitely carried, he is asking $500 which is what it books in 'excellent condition', I would call it 'good'. Does the police mark carry that kind of premium?
    Your lgs had a Louisville PD 67. Thanks Mongo. I was on the road within 10 mins of seeing your post. The 4 hour one way drive was well worth it

Attachments

• 20210623_153214.jpg
      20210623_153214.jpg
      3.6 MB · Views: 25
    • 20210623_153218.jpg
      20210623_153218.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 26

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was issued this Gen 3 G22, brand new in 2002. I bought it from the dept when we upgraded to Gen 4 in 2011ish I think.
    cxJ406Z.jpg
    Dang, you even know the name of the officer that carried it, with solid provenance.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've only had three police trade-ins over the years.

First in the mid to late 1980's, a S&W Model 686 (if memory serves) stainless revolver that had been a couple of friends of mine's father's service weapon.
    He was a Marion County Sheriff's Deputy at the time.

They were brothers, and at the time neither of them had the cash to buy it, so I bought it.
    I NEVER fired it (already had my own I carried in those days), held it for them, and told them that the first of them that eventually came up with the spare cash to buy it, I'd sell it to.
    Some months later, one of them had the cash so he got it.
    That way it stayed in the family.

My second and third police trade-ins I got, were both S&W M&P 40's I got for "a song" up north at my longtime LGS several years ago, and both in great condition.

Bought the first one, swapped out the barrel with a S&W OEM .357 Sig barrel, and ended up with a low cost, fairly sweet shooting pistol for what it is.

Is MUCH more ergonomic and has a much better natural point of aim than any Glock I've ever shot.
    The trigger, like a typical striker fired pistol isn't the best though, but good enough.

Some months later I was up there again, and he had more on sale for "a song", and I bought another and swapped the barrel for a S&W OEM .357 Sig barrel.

I REALLY like the .357 Sig round, and for defensive purposes, use Underwood 125 Grain Bonded Jacketed hollow points rated at 1475fps.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Last year I picked up a practically BNIB S&W model 10-14 under 400. Supposely from Montreal PD. Carrying Revolvers my first few years of my career I wish I'd bought more of those LE trade in K and L frames and Rugers for 200 bills in the 1990s

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It's no accident that Ayoob says that PD trade ins are one of the best values around.
    I found a S&W mod66 with pinned barrel and rebated cylinder in a LGS back in '92 [stamped Arlington TX PD on the frame]. The single action trigger "breaks like a glass rod" and the double action trigger is as smooth as any I've shot. For accuracy, it hangs with my wilson CQB

Top Bottom