• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    That's interesting. What was your attraction to the BO as your first AR?

I've been thinking about converting one of mine, but I just don't see the payoff.

Though, for a while, I was seeing more BO ammo than .556.

Dakota4242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Ligonier
    That's interesting. What was your attraction to the BO as your first AR?

I've been thinking about converting one of mine, but I just don't see the payoff.

Though, for a while, I was seeing more BO ammo than .556.
    I got my .300 for deer hunting it shot wonderful loved it watched a few videos on it before I decided to buy one but when this ammo shortage hit I could find anymore ammo and I wanted to shot further I upgraded to a 6.5 grendel for that extra distance

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    I didn't think of deer hunting. I just don't see the AR in that use. But, I am putting together one for coyotes. My views may change.

I could get into the 6.5. It would be a good general purpose round.

So many options ... At some point, I would think the case is to small to support a larger bore, but powders have come a long way.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I think one of the attractions the BO has is its ability to use subsonics without doing much to the rifle.. if you build one for standard super sonics, load up subsonics, add silencer and it will still cycle fine where as 5.56 is finicky if you decide to go subsonic... not at all saying this was the reasoning he used, just stating what alot of my friends with BO have said.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Dakota4242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Ligonier
    I didn't think of deer hunting. I just don't see the AR in that use. But, I am putting together one for coyotes. My views may change.

I could get into the 6.5. It would be a good general purpose round.

So many options ... At some point, I would think the case is to small to support a larger bore, but powders have come a long way.
    Yeah I went to the 6.5 Grendel for coyotes they are quite a few on my deer land

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Congrats on the first AR and welcome to the club. I built an 10.5" .300 BLK AR pistol for deer hunting and used it this year. I did not get a deer, but carrying around the pistol was alot nicer than lugging around the old Mossy 500. Much easier to maneuver in the treestand as well. I want to build a 12.5" .350 Legend pistol next.

Dakota4242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Ligonier
    Congrats on the first AR and welcome to the club. I built an 10.5" .300 BLK AR pistol for deer hunting and used it this year. I did not get a deer, but carrying around the pistol was alot nicer than lugging around the old Mossy 500. Much easier to maneuver in the treestand as well. I want to build a 12.5" .350 Legend pistol next.
    I heard of the .350 actually thought about getting it instead of the 6.5 Grendel but I got the Grendel now just waiting for it to show up

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've got 2 in 6.5 grendel. One a 10.5 SBR, one a 20 inch gun.
    I bought 6.5 because it was an upgrade from the 556 and was also deer legal.

I also have one in 7.62x39 that I bought as an impulse with some gun money I just got.

Like them all. I like them more because people think I shouldn't own one.

Dakota4242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Ligonier
    I've got 2 in 6.5 grendel. One a 10.5 SBR, one a 20 inch gun.
    I bought 6.5 because it was an upgrade from the 556 and was also deer legal.

I also have one in 7.62x39 that I bought as an impulse with some gun money I just got.

Like them all. I like them more because people think I shouldn't own one.
    Lol my woman thinks I shouldn’t own one and it makes me wanna buy another one even more lol

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When us old people get over the Walnut and Blue metal thing for a weapon, the AR platform is very easy to build and use. Don't get me wrong I still like my wood stocks and blued metal weapons. I also like the ARs. The different calibers and so easy to change with an upper is great. What a lot of choices. Just my thoughts.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

Top Bottom