• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    when i was a kid the neighbor down the street had a wolf/husky hybrid, had 1 blue and 1 brown eye. Was an awesome dog and they had those old metal t shaped clothes line poles in the back yard. well as a kid we'd run and try and jump as far away from it as possible and then grab onto it. The neighbor kid did that and ended up hurting himself and cut his wrist. That dog instinctively started howling and licking the wound. I always remember it being a gentle pet and not some ferocious beast that some of you are suggesting.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Okay, I'm gonna bounce this off of you folks to see if I'm just being overly Dad-like or if my concerns are objectively reasonable to y'all...

My daughter just moved out "on her own" last July, taking her little lap dog with her. (It really was an annoying little mutt most of the time, but the Princess just loves it to death) Fast forward to Saturday, when she tells the Missus that she's going to look at another dog...I assume it's the Great Dane she had been talking about, but no-o-o-o-o-o! She went out and adopted a wolf-husky hybrid without doing much (if any) research on the complications that they entail. I figure it's a matter of time until the new critter kills and eats the lap dog and anything or anyone who tries to interfere with snack-time, and I'm just about to pull my remaining hair out. She won't be able to get homeowner's insurance or even board the beast anywhere when she goes on her honeymoom later this year (I'm sure as hell not dog-sitting it so it can eat my terrier mix), and I'll bet my next paycheck that she has no plans to build the containment structure required by state law.

What's the consensus; am I just being overprotective in this case, or do I have a potential problem that I'm going to have to deal with at some point in the near future?

Forget worrying about the dog and start worrying about your 'insane' daughter. Wolves can eat people.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    This refers to the post with the pics. Sorry for your loss dude. I know how tough that is. We raise Bichons and never ready when one leaves us. And I take back anything I posted that may have offended you in the past. You're OK in my book!

Thanks.....were'nt ready fer that call from my vet.....:(......I miss her....terribly....:(

here's 1 o' my clients Bichon.....'Lucky'......an' he'a hot mess, I tell ya......hahaha......

Don' recall on'a other......an' prolly did'n pay much mind if ya did......:):.......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Yeah they are cute little buggers but just know we will be checking your man-card when SD and I sit down with you far a beer or three.....I got my eye on you big boy....:)

:):....hahaha....SUmbody better......LOL.....

Yeah seriously. There are dogs and there are, um, other things. She may get lucky, but I would bet she gets eaten. My Husky/GSD can't even go in the fenced in yard; he takes the fence as merely a suggestion, so he gets a cable. The black lab is GTG. Had a schnauzer that was a major racist, but feared the turtle and her own farts. Harley, you're seriously disillusioning me with those ankle biters. Stop it.
    Awww.....they'a steal yer heart, dude....:rolleyes:.....specially, when they born almost in yer hands.....:yesway:

QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's why I have 5 chihuahuas.

Nothing says "hard motherf'er" like a guy with 5 chihuahuas.

:):......LMAO......

I vaguely remember that. I mostly remembered he was there without you and figured since they knew him, he'd be able to come and go as he pleased...but over all, dog did his job.

I normally don't like teeny yippy dogs, but those are some cute furkids you got.

:rolleyes:......Thanks.......:yesway:
    Approval from the monkey girl......:rolleyes:......I'm good !.....:rockwoot:

:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm an animal person...haven't had any species that I didn't like. Even the farm critters become pets, including the ones destined for the table. My husband didn't want a dog even though the kids begged for one when they were little. I think he knew he would get too attached and not be able to handle the loss when the time came for that...past history included working in the humane society as a teen and he saw too much there. What an awful job for a kid.

At any rate, we have cats and seem to be unable to take the ones that get dumped to the humane society so they end up staying. I just took the last arrival to the vet yesterday for his neutering and some TLC. They figure him to be about 6 years old, but he's already my baby. We lost one of our old ones (16 years old) in February so Leroy has moved right into his spot and we are back up to 12.

Harleyrider...I have to say this thread has changed my outlook regarding you. It just goes to show that you can't judge a person too quickly. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of your little friend. It really does tear a person up sometimes. Those are some of the cutest little dogs ever.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thanks.....were'nt ready fer that call from my vet.....:(......I miss her....terribly....:(

here's 1 o' my clients Bichon.....'Lucky'......an' he'a hot mess, I tell ya......hahaha......

Don' recall on'a other......an' prolly did'n pay much mind if ya did......:):.......

HR_50 you can't post sad post any longer. It is already hard to read your post let alone if it gets a little dusty in here and my eyes start to water up. STOP IT MAN JUS STOP IT! :):

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Hey HR_50, I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet.

:yesway:......Thanks......it tuff.....:(......specially when ya got'a give the order......died tite in my arms,an' my voice last thing she heard.....I made sure of it....:(

Lost 'is feller last yr......cancer, an' related issues......'Elliot' in'a pic with my beaglehound,Hopper....

April 27, '13

Elliot......was rescue out'a Ohio.....his page still in the 'adopted' archive.....it d'press'n, ta say the least, ta visit/return to it....:(

They'll ALL...... be my next ink..........

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom