• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My daughter came to us last week with a lump on her throat. We kinda freaked out and took her to Hedricks County. Without so much as an Xray, they gave her a 'script and sent her home. Next day we took her to Riley and she had a couple scans and was found to have a cyst on her Thyroid. :eek: So over the course of last week we took her in three more times and confirmed and got some antibiotics for the infection. Then they tell us AUGUST for her surgery. Just when I was ready to call another doctor for a 4th opinion they call us three days ago telling me they had her down as going under the knife today. :n00b: Well, uh, OK! So we took her in this morning and she pulled through just fine. They gave her goofy juice, then some kinda laughing gas, then morphine afterwards.

Apparently, one day her brother had got her neck somehow and we didnt think toooo much of it. We found out this afternoon that the cyst had ruptured and there was, icky stuff, inbetween the cyst and skin. Luckily the doc got everything taken care of and there's only a 15-20% chance it will come back in the next two years, and it drops in chance as she gets older.

WHEW.

At least it didn't bother her speech, eating, or muscle movements.

Did you know your thyroid starts out in your TOUNGE and drops down as you grow? Learn something new everyday!

Anyway, she was in good spirits.

Pictures001.jpg

Pictures002.jpg

:cheers:

Thanks to all those who sent your prayers. I think that's what get her a sooner appointment and I thank you all, and above all God, for that, and for pulling her through ok!

:patriot::ingo:

:rockwoot:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Outstanding news! Take care of that angel as if your very next breath depends on it!

(Now, go put her hospital gown on the right way. Didn't we teach you anything, SE??) :):

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That is great news. She is such a pretty little girl I'm glad things went so well for her. God Bless. By the way all that concern you had for her through all this never goes away. My daughter is 30 and I still freak out over everything that happens to her.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Hey! thats one pretty little girl there, I've got three of them, you got your work cut out for ya! I'm glad she's ok, that stuff gets scary. Tell her there is a bunch of crusty old guys out here that wish her well. Don

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Really guys, thanks. I'll pass on the thread to my wife as she has the web in the hospital.

What is that thing on her left hand in the bottom pic?

It's a brace that stops her from moving her wrist. THere's an IV in her hand.

What's cute about that is last time she had an IV she told everyone the doctors put posion ivy in her hand!

Also, it has a little red light that monitors her heart rate. I got her to hold up her hand and say "Ouch?"

(E.T.? Surely you seen that movie right?)

(Now, go put her hospital gown on the right way. Didn't we teach you anything, SE??) :):

I'll let Natalie know she's now officially worse than me at getting the kids dressed! :thumbsup: :D

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Very cute girl and I am glad that everything went ok.

When my daughter was little she had to have a cyst removed at the base of her throat. It's scary when they have to have surgery, but she came through it fine and has never had another problem with a cyst reforming there.

So here's hoping your little cutie also never has to worry about it coming back again.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I didn't see before that this was going on and that she had surgery coming up, Ryan, or I'd have sent prayers for her as well. As it is, she'll have them for a speedy recovery. As others have said, serious cutie pie there... Gonna give you FITS when she starts dating. Ask me how I know. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Glad she's doing fine. Tell her she can tell her friends a vampire bit her. :D

She's a cutie............... thank heavens she took after her mother! :laugh:

:cheers:

tinkerbell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    I'm making a post for my wife since she never gets on. :D

I just got up to the hospital when I heard they were getting discharged. Apparently having a drain tube in her throat taken out and the IV coming out didn't play to well on her little tummy. She couldn't keep her sprite down. We're waiting on the nurse to come back and see what they say.

For once, I'm glad I was running late.

Oh, for anyone on I70 that seen a green van fly past them, I'm sorry, I thought I was gonna be late picking them up from the hospital. Guess I got here just in time instead! :D

BTW, Kali said thanks for all the prayers. Oh, and her two new pound puppies say thanks too! :)

EDIT: The nurse just said it was probably the codine they gave her. Apparently they ha to wake her up and give it to her on an empty tummy. Poor baby.

Top Bottom