• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Recently I have been putting together a Bag of Evil. I thought I would post it up here and see if anybody had comments or suggestions.
    I would like to point out that this is not intended to be a Bug out Bag which I keep in my truck this is just to help get me to it and contain other things I would like to have nearby, but cannot keep directly on my person.
    I don’t have pictures at the moment So I will try to be as descriptive as possible with my load out.

First my standard on my body EDC is as listed.
    G19 or G26 depending on the day Loaded with Gold Dot 115gr JHP
    Spare g19 Mag in pocket holster
    Wilderness Tactical Ring belt.
    Comp Tac MTAC holster
    Nitecore Extreme HA
    Wallet
    Keys with Olight AAA titanium light
    Motorola Droid
    Bluethooth head set
    Gerber Evo folder

Now on to the B.O.E
    I am using a Maxpedition Jumbo S-type
    -Attached to the molle webbing at the end of the strap is a Olight M20 Warrior premium in Olight Holster
    CCW Pocket
    -Maxpedition universal holster. In case I need to carry off my body for some reason.
    -Maxpedition Dual mag pouch loaded with 2 G17 mags with Speer Gold Dot 115gr JHP (note if I am somewhere that I cannot carry these are removed and left in the car.)

Side pocket.
    -Bucta battery case. Holds 6 Cr123A’s and 2 AA lithium batteries.
    -Micro fibercloth
    -Golf towel.
    -Leatherman Surge
    Water bottle holder.
    -32oz Nalgene Water bottle
    Front Internal Pocket
    -Seidio 3n1 Retractable charging kit. This is a retractable usb cable with a USB to wall and USB to car adapters. This gives me the ability to charge my phone or bluetooh headset via outlet, cigarette lighter, or usb port.
    -Shure e210 headphone in a case
    -Mechanix Gloves
    Top pocket
    -1 Sharpie
    -1 Bic Pen
    -1 mech pencil
    -1 small note pad

Now Attached to the side pocket of the Jumbo is a maxpedition H-1 Waist pack. I cannot take credit for this load out, I found it on another forum. However I adapted it for me a little bit The contentes are designed to be stand alone or supplement another pack. The H-1 can even be worn separate from the rest. This can also be removed if I am going some where that some of the item are prohibited

Container: Maxpedition H-1 Waistpack
    Dimensions: Main 6" x 4" x 2", Side 5" x 1.5" x 1" (empty)
    Weight: 2.5 lbs (full)
    Knife: Benchmade Sequel
    Light: Nitecore NDI modded with clip
    Fire: Bic Lighter
    Back
    - Load-bearing Carabiner: Petzl Spirit Tactical Carabineer Straight Gate
    Side
    - Sharpie
    - Benchmade Sequel
    Main Compartment
    - Ziplock Bag: 4.5" x 7" Alosak
    - Tac-Pack Trauma Pack w/Quick Clot
    - Bandana
    - Modular Personal Survival Kit (PSK) - See PSK inventory below.
    Front Compartment
    - ~15' 550 Paracord, tied in the Hayanawa (Fast Rope) style
    - Spare Batteries (including for Core EDC): 2x Lithium AAA, 2x CR123A, 1x AA, in
    mini-Ziploc bags
    Outside Zip Pocket
    - Water Purification Tablets: 2x Katadyn Micropur Chlorine Dioxide tablets
    - Ammonia Inhalant, in Large Bision Spy Capsule
    - $0.75 in quarters, $20 bill
    - 2x Zip Ties
    Side Sheath
    - NovaTac 120P
    - Bic Lighter

Modular Personal Survival Kit (PSK)
    Container: OtterBox 1000
    Dimensions: 4.837" x 3.682" x 1.652", Interior Dimensions 3.7" x 2.35" x 1"
    Weight: 1 lb
    Knife: Spyderco Ladybug, fully serrated
    Light: Arc-AAA Premium DS
    Fire: Waterproof/Windproof Matches
    Signaling:
    - Whistle: Titanium whistle by wykeite
    - Mini Glow Stick
    - Mirror
    Emergency Devices:
    - Leatherman Juice CS4
    - Micro Widgy Mini Prybar
    - Kevlar Thread
    - 3x Needles
    - 3x Safety Pins
    - 4x Paper Clips (medium and large)
    - 2x Nails
    - Spectra Line
    - 2x Fishing Hooks
    - Stainless Steel Snare Wire
    Fire:
    - Flint and Steel: Spark-Lite
    - 2x Tinder-Quik (in mini Ziplocs, used as fillers to deaden shake/noise)
    - 3x Waterproof/Windproof Matches, cut down to fit and placed head to foot beside
    each other
    - Fresnel Lens
    - Birthday Candle
    Medical:
    - Diphenhydramine, allergy (Benadryl)
    - Naproxen, anti-inflammatory (Aleve)
    - Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
    - Antiseptic Wipe
    - Burn Cream
    - 4x Sterile Suture Bandages
    - 2x Band-Aids
    Water:
    - 4x Chlorine Dioxide Water Purification Tablets
    Special / Miscellaneous:
    - Inka Pen Refill and 2 small sheets Rite-in-Rain paper
    - $20 Cash
    - Spare Lithium AAA battery: Energizer E2 Lithium

Now I know there is some redundancy in some of the items, but this enitre setup is not very large or heavy so I don’t think is is an issue also the main compartment for the jumbo is completely empty I case I need to add something while I am out. Also If I had to guess the who kit and kaboodle prolly weights in around 10lbs or less. So it is very easy to carry

If you would like links to anything please let me know. I may edit the thread later to add them.

Last edited:

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Most of the items in the jumbo get used on a weekly basis except for maybe the Lights and batteries.

I will admit I have generally only used the medical portion of the H-1 Waist pack

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    one thing I always get even though I'm not affected by it is poison ivy/oak spray and bee sting spray, they are $2 in the camping section of wal-mart and pen sized.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    one thing I always get even though I'm not affected by it is poison ivy/oak spray and bee sting spray, they are $2 in the camping section of wal-mart and pen sized.

I never even thought about that, since I am very seldom in that kind of rural areas, thanks for the heads up.

I also just realized I do not have any Duct tape in it.
    *goes of to find a plastic card and the roll of duct tape*

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If you are urban, a small door stop wedge can save your butt trying to get out of bld without have the doors lock behind you. Pocket OC/CS grenade could also help you get to your vehicle.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Are you planning on ever using this kit as an over night kit or a wilderness kit?

it's not really intended for either. I mean it will go with me where ever I go so If I stay overnight some where or head to the family property it will be with me. I will be mainly a day bag that leave the house with me everyday and comes home every night and intended to help with bumps along the way.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I carry 2 8' x 8' pieces of black Plastic (like what you would use landscaping). The weather is very unpredictable in Indiana. Plus in a pinch with my e-tool and a couple of hours you can set up a dew water collection point with 1 of the sheets of plastic. Overnight in Indiana you can harvest an easy quart of water this way...

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I carry 2 8' x 8' pieces of black Plastic (like what you would use landscaping). The weather is very unpredictable in Indiana. Plus in a pinch with my e-tool and a couple of hours you can set up a dew water collection point with 1 of the sheets of plastic. Overnight in Indiana you can harvest an easy quart of water this way...

That is a very nice idea, that I may implement in my actual B.O.B.

I think some people may be missing the idea of this load out. It may be my fault since I put it in this section. This is not really directed at any one person, but just a general FYI for what I use this for.

This is not meant to be a Bail out bag or Get home bag in the event of a Major SHTF issue. This is meant for a general EDC day bag, with some fore thought of a personal SHTF event ( accident or injury). The emergency supplies in here are meant to either a get me to my truck ( I have never been more the 4 miles from that vehicle I drove somewhere) or be survive and be able to let some one know where I am. ( example I am in a building that collapses).

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    That is a very nice idea, that I may implement in my actual B.O.B.

I think some people may be missing the idea of this load out. It may be my fault since I put it in this section. This is not really directed at any one person, but just a general FYI for what I use this for.

This is not meant to be a Bail out bag or Get home bag in the event of a Major SHTF issue. This is meant for a general EDC day bag, with some fore thought of a personal SHTF event ( accident or injury). The emergency supplies in here are meant to either a get me to my truck ( I have never been more the 4 miles from that vehicle I drove somewhere) or be survive and be able to let some one know where I am. ( example I am in a building that collapses).
    Understood but I'm just saying that 4 miles in a snowstorm/ thunderstorm is a looooong way to go. Some situations don't call for a B.O.B. but trash bags etc don't take up much room and have a BUNCH of uses. Yellow bags are great for signaling BTW.

Bob

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No I understood your intent. That is why I asked tose questions at the start. I agree with flatlander 4 miles is LONG way in a good snowstorm... Plus you have to ask yourself IF my vehicle breaks how far is it to help or safety. Possibly more than 4 miles.

Think and plan for the worst, hope for the best...

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    No I understood your intent. That is why I asked tose questions at the start. I agree with flatlander 4 miles is LONG way in a good snowstorm... Plus you have to ask yourself IF my vehicle breaks how far is it to help or safety. Possibly more than 4 miles.

Think and plan for the worst, hope for the best...

Indeed it is a long trek. My main goal is still to get to my truck, it has my B.O.B even if my truck breaks down, I got to it and this pack did it's job. I really appreciate all the input so far, it is making me think and that is why I posted

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Looks good, you've inspired me to go back through mine again. I haven't really updated mine in at least 2 years. Priorities, priorities....

Top Bottom