• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I'd have to hold them side by side. I don't remember holding the CZ38 well enough to compare.

The trigger pull on the cz38 just went on forever.. One reason maybe it was such an accurate gun, you had so much time to adjust the aim.. :)

All I can say is when shooting your 1907.. It had better be super crappy bad or I am never going to invite that Mike B from TFB TV to the range again... Because some of the stuff I own at least is real crap & can not take those derisive looks he gives...

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Grab one now. I've had a .32 CZ83 for about ten yrs and they've consistently been $700 guns all that time. Very uncommon in the US. I'd probably buy another if I didn't already have half a dozen of the .380s and all these Beretta 81s now.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    The .32s are pretty darn scarce. Since I bought one way back long time ago I've always kinda watched for them. There was a guy on FALfiles who dedicated his life to posting up every .32 he could find. Most if not all were gunbroker sales over a period of years(maybe half a dozen total guns)and every one of them sold somewhere in the $700 range. That's maybe taken a hit with all the Beretta 81s floating around now, although maybe it's created more interest in over-sized .32s? Dunno, but the .32 Berettas couldn't be found for less than around $600 just a year or two back.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I used to have a commercial version which I bought used at the 1500 for like $350. Looked brand new. Didn't know what a steal it was. Later picked up a surplus model from a friend. They were fun but like a lot of range toys, I eventually sold them to fund other things.

So of course i just ordered two from AIM.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just wish they'd have put the CZ-83's on the C&R list like the CZ-82. I mean other than caliber, they're identical guns. I sold my first CZ-82 but missed it, so I bought another one. Prices got high on them for awhile too, so I waited until they came back down before I pounced. DoggyMama's dad even had me get one for him. His eyesight was getting bad at the time, but even he could shoot the CZ-82 well. They just point so naturally.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I remember that fiasco with a bunch of guns being returned for 'shot-out barrels',...like that's even a thing with pistols. But iirc(and I'm far too lazy to go out and look)it seems like the .32s have standard rifling.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember that fiasco with a bunch of guns being returned for 'shot-out barrels',...like that's even a thing with pistols. But iirc(and I'm far too lazy to go out and look)it seems like the .32s have standard rifling.

I should be able to check it this week with any luck. Got an email from AIM today saying it's getting ready to be shipped.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Getting ready to go pick up the CZ this morning. It only comes with one mag, but I got to thinking... I know the CZ-83 and CZ-82 (.380 and 9mm Mak) share the same mags. I also know that the CZ-24 and CZ-27 share the same mags (.380 and .32 acp). I wonder if my CZ-82 mags will work with the .32 CZ-83? Guess I will find out later, but I'm hopeful. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, but I'm pretty sure you could modify the .380 mags to work. Can't see one mag working throughout the range of 9mm Mak to 7.65 Browning. Unfortunately, even the .380 magazines are not cheap($30-40 each). I'd try modifying same as Beretta M84 to M81.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE-h4Gfxbvc

Actually I think it is going to work. They look identical, and the CZ-82 mags lock in just fine in the CZ-83. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The sunlight really makes the pistol look worse than it is. It's got a little holster wear but otherwise the finish is in good shape.

ER1LHuu.jpg

J7aBGmO.jpg

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    They are basically identical and they'll lock in fine. Problem(if there is one)is going to be the spread between the feedlips.

What about the bore? Standard rifling or poly?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Standard rifling. I have doubts about modifying 82 Makarov mags for .32. The .32 mags are grooved to reduce the interior dimensions so rim lock is reduced. But surplus 82 mags can be found for $19 often so why not try I guess.

Picked up my two Friday and they look good. Good internals, grips are scratched a little but decent finish. I have an extra set of plastic grips I think and a pair of CZ walnut grips I can add.

attachment.php

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They are basically identical and they'll lock in fine. Problem(if there is one)is going to be the spread between the feedlips.

What about the bore? Standard rifling or poly?
    Just checked, and it's standard rifling. Getting ready to try and hand cycle some .32 in the CZ-82 mag. Report coming! :) Crossing my fingers, but the reason I am fairly confident is that my CZ-24 (.380) and CZ-27 (.32) share the same mags, and .380 is the same diameter as the 9x18 Mak.

Top Bottom