• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I new about the 45 prototype and the shotguns, a friend has a Hi-Standard 410 pump. I didn't know about the Dan Wesson.
    I got my info from The Blue Book of Gun Values, it states " Model G-380 centerfire-.380acp., only in-house production of a center-fire pistol"

I have one of the .357's but it looks like someone kept it in a bait bucket and cleaned it with a wire wheel... and I am not joking about the wire wheel.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was just in Highsmiths in Greenfield and they bought out a huge collection of old .25's, .32's, and .380's. They have Beretta's, FN's, Walthers, Mausers, CZ's, Bernadelli's, Mab's, Astra's and probably a few i'm forgetting. I saw a nice Walther Model 9 and you don't see those very often, nice 1910 as well. I put a nice older blued PPK/s with box on layaway.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was just in Highsmiths in Greenfield and they bought out a huge collection of old .25's, .32's, and .380's. They have Beretta's, FN's, Walthers, Mausers, CZ's, Bernadelli's, Mab's, Astra's and probably a few i'm forgetting. I saw a nice Walther Model 9 and you don't see those very often, nice 1910 as well. I put a nice older blued PPK/s with box on layaway.

Thanks for the heads up! Might make for a nice little jaunt on a rainy Saturday tomorrow to take a look. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well that trip was well worth it! My only regret is that I didn't have more money! :): I guess I hadn't been there before. I really liked the shop and will likely go back again. Thanks again for the heads up drillsgt, and it was nice meeting you!

Picked this up... Astra model 1916 "Ruby" in .32 acp.

1aFC9Ad.jpg

sqgLwQ7.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I had one just like it but sold it due to the grip was less than comfortable. The lip on the mag kept my bottom two fingers angry...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well that trip was well worth it! My only regret is that I didn't have more money! :): I guess I hadn't been there before. I really liked the shop and will likely go back again. Thanks again for the heads up drillsgt, and it was nice meeting you!

Thanks for coming out it was nice to meet you, glad you found something! That one was in pretty good shape the pictures don't do it justice. You know you want to go back and get that CZ!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had one just like it but sold it due to the grip was less than comfortable. The lip on the mag kept my bottom two fingers angry...

One of the advantages of having small hands. It doesn't seem like it will bother mine at all. :)

I hadn't really realized it, but they're basically a clone of the Colt 1903.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Guilty! Just got back home... :):

RPqq4DC.jpg

T897xyx.jpg

Dang nab it there must have been a buying spree on cz-27s today. You got one and I was just in a gun shop asking if they had one and the clerk told they had one earlier and some real goofy goober looking guy was in there and bought one right before I got there. Amazing just how good those CZ 24s and 27 look and feel in your hand.

Those darn cz27s, if one ever got completist about collecting them, it would drive you to the poor farm right down the street from the poor house.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

1aFC9Ad.jpg

sqgLwQ7.jpg

I envy you this one for sure. The marking inside an oval at the rear of the left side of the frame is a maker's mark that indicates this one was made under contract for the French military during WWI. There were a number of different makers of these pistols and the French had them marked like this in order to keep track of which firm produced each particular pistol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I envy you this one for sure. The marking inside an oval at the rear of the left side of the frame is a maker's mark that indicates this one was made under contract for the French military during WWI. There were a number of different makers of these pistols and the French had them marked like this in order to keep track of which firm produced each particular pistol.

Yep, and it has the two stars on the base of the grip, on either side of the mag well, indicating acceptance into the French military. Magazine base has the EU marking as well. Indy1919a4 went out to the shop yesterday evening and picked up a couple of goodies as well - a Bronco .32 and a Melior .32. I may be making another trip myself depending on where I stand after bills are paid. :)

The CZ-27 looks to be early war production from the markings. Has a small Waffenamt on the right rear of the frame.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom