• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't get the title of this thread... She is autistic, correct? So she is mentally challenged, correct?

the way she herself described it, it sounds more like she is physically challenged, but mentally sharp as a tack.

the physical challenge being the way that her brain is physically mapped out.

Very interesting insight into autism.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    the way she herself described it, it sounds more like she is physically challenged, but mentally sharp as a tack.

the physical challenge being the way that her brain is physically mapped out.

Very interesting insight into autism.
    I understand what you're saying in the bolded statement, but that rings true of many mentally handicapped individuals. If it's their brain that is not "mapped out" properly, that's what they are. Brain=Mental, even if it is the "physical" layout.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    She is not mentally retarded as she can understand and respond. She is Developmentally disabled, and in fact; if what I am reading is true, it seems that autism is a pseudo evolution failu re in that the brain is trying to take in too much info and frequently overloads itself.

The correct term is MR:DD, which she is not.

I'm sickened by the "this is a spiritual thing" comments on youtube videos, LOL because that is going to help...

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    autistic girl

I was amazed at her finding a path through all of her brain malfunctions and being able to communicate and to help others understand whats going on in her mind and heart!

Top Bottom