• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    So I recently "picked up" this album. This thing is so full of rock it's not even funny. I suggest giving it a listen. You can view some of the videos on youtube if you dont want to go to the trouble of "finding" the album. In case you're going, "who the fack is Apocalyptica?" Well I'll tell you. They're a cello quartet. Their previous album was a bunch of metallica covers. Worlds Collide has a few instrumentals and some songs with guest singers. Helden is a great song with the singer from Rammstein. Look up "Helden" and "I Dont Care" on youtube and listen. Later folks.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I used to listen to them back in high school and when they were mostly a Metallica cover cello quartet. I remember my physics teacher listening to them not even knowing that the song he was listening to was For Whom The Bell Tolls. When I mentioned that it was a Metallica song, he started arguing with me that Metallica had to have covered it from them. :rolleyes:

Some people don't understand that metal has its roots in classical music (especially the heavier sounding ones like Wagner) and many metal songs when played on orchestral instruments make damn fine classical tunes.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    These guys ever tour with Trans Siberian Orchestra? That would be a fine show.
    :rockwoot:
    Hadn't heard of them before. Thanks for enlightening me! :) Rep'd.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Found some of the songs on Youtube and gave them a listen.

Are you sure these guys don't use electric guitars? If not, they make cellos do some pretty wicked sh*t. Didn't much care for "Helden," since I wasn't really expecting lyrics, much less German ones, but the title track and especially "Last Hope" flat rocked.

Is this album on iTunes yet?

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I have been listening to them for years, I am actually not too fond of the new album. I liked them better with out vocals.

At my wedding my wife and I's 1st dance was to there version of nothing else matters

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2d7v68WSlU[/ame]

The look on peoples faces when they realized the song was priceless

This is probably one of my favorite songs

Somewhere around nothing
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM4qMuhEgeA[/ame]

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I love these guys, had never actually looked them up before though. I have been hearing "I don't care" on satellite radio a lot and hit the record button on it so I could listen to it whenever I wanted. There is something else they play I really like also but cannot remember it right now.

Great group, I may actually purchase my third CD in 8 years if I like everything else I hear on you tube.

Top Bottom