• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I didn't see this posted anywhere. The Muncie Star reported that a gun collection (120 guns + ammo) was taken in a robbery on Wednesday. I don't have a link but the Star is online. Something to think about. :xmad:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I didn't see this posted anywhere. The Muncie Star reported that a gun collection (120 guns + ammo) was taken in a robbery on Wednesday. I don't have a link but the Star is online. Something to think about. :xmad:
    Where was the safe ????? If I had $200,00.00 worth of ANYTHING, it would be locked up !!!!!

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had to register with that site to respond to some stupid comments.

"RagRite wrote:People who have a lot of guns don't generally have a lot of sense."

My Response...

No (Darn typo) there is an "intelligent" statement! Based on what? Your own bias? What if it was a coin collection? Would they have sense then? Obviously you are not a supporter of the 2nd amendment. But don't let that blatant bias confuse you with actually having a correct opinion. Sheep... they never learn.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” James Madison

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    Maybe they hacked through the side of the gun safe?
    I don't remember where (I'm sure someone can google it) but there are pictures on the internet of how gun safe's can be defeated with an Axe to the side or back of the gun safe.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had to register with that site to respond to some stupid comments.

"RagRite wrote:People who have a lot of guns don't generally have a lot of sense."

My Response...

No (Darn typo) there is an "intelligent" statement! Based on what? Your own bias? What if it was a coin collection? Would they have sense then? Obviously you are not a supporter of the 2nd amendment. But don't let that blatant bias confuse you with actually having a correct opinion. Sheep... they never learn.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” James Madison

Good response!

Someone asked me the other day why I need so many guns and that it just dosent make since. I got so pissed off I didnt even responde. In my head I was thinking...Why the F you need so many damn purses? You cant wear em all at the same time!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Good response!

Someone asked me the other day why I need so many guns and that it just dosent make since. I got so pissed off I didnt even responde. In my head I was thinking...Why the F you need so many damn purses? You cant wear em all at the same time!
    Not to threadjack, but as to how many firearms, I worked with a girl, whose dad collected Studebakers, and if memory serves, he had 19, I
    never heard of anyone, asking him, why so many ?????

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    robbery

I thought the story was terrible... but what does it take to put in a alarm system if you have that much stuff? especially if it was attempted to be broken in to the week before? I feel sorry for the guy, he does not know his collection was stolen yet. I have a feeling they will be found, it looks like someone knew the guy and they broke in because they knew what was going on there.

But the reporters comments about enough guns were stolen to arm a militia or many gang members... where did that come from? I think that is laughable.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    That really sucks. I wonder if ther is a list of the guns stolen, so that if we see any of them for sale, we could try and help him get them back. Some of the few that they listed seemed pretty rare, so I don't think there will be to many on the market.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I sent the story writer this email:

Your opening statement should be retracted or at least reworded.

How about
    MUNCIE --- Intruders stole enough weapons and ammunition during a residential burglary this week to arm an under funded Police force during these times of financial hardship many communites are currently facing.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    "I can't imagine why they would need that many guns," city police Capt. Mark Vollmar said. "

I wasn't aware that the Muncie Police Department employed and enjoyed the services of yet another constitutional scholar.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think Capt. Vollmar was speaking about the theives, not the collector. I still have a slight problem with it, though. I couldn't imagine why they needed ANY of someone else's guns. Especially while he's down. Sort of adds insult to injury that the poor guys in the hospital...

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Good possibility it was someone who knew he had the collection and knew that no one was there?

I have been asked at work why I have so many guns. My answer was a gun just isn't a gun. There are many models, calibers ect. That I mostly collect old military guns and unfortunately all the countries couldn't agree on using the same one therefore costing me a lot of money in my quest to collect the ones I am interested in. I also only have 4 pairs of shoes. One nice pair of tennis shoes, one pair of work shoes, one pair of boots for outside work, and one pair of dress shoes for when I need to dress up. And guess what I make them work with all the clothes I have and the activities I am going to participate in so why do you need 25 different pairs for all of your clothes? My gun stuff can store more guns in a smaller area than the closet your shoes need.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    And the paper published his Address!!!!!!! I meen come on!!! When is enough! enough! they should not report his address for all to see!!! :xmad:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I was suprised they posted his address too. His son said two women who were working for his father had been feeling him out to see when him would be home. I hope they catch them and nail their A** to the wall. I looked over the list on fox's website and Ill be keeping an eye out. I hate thieves more than anything else.

Top Bottom