• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In the past it was a great place to sell flashlights. I hear they did upgrade the lighting (someone changed ballast and bulbs) .

That said if you want to see armory marks small serial numbers or other black on black make sure your phone battery is charged well.

1SG USA Ret

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Pendleton
    I have not been to the Muncie show in a loooooong time.

Is it usually pretty good?
    I used to support it in the 80s. It was OK then. Not a great show but close and good for killing time. Then in the 90s, about a third of the retail dealers quit showing up and Army surplus clothing and private sales stepped in. Saw a lot of WWII guns (including Nazi marked Lugers) at ridiculous prices. Wish I could update you but I now go to the Stout Field show and the Indy 1500. In fact, the Stout Field show is about 5 or 6 bucks and parking is free and right outside the door. 3 of my most recent acquisitions have come from there. Let us know if you go and how it went.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Just got back. Really nice show. Better than I expected, not having been in a number of years.

Found what I wanted, so what more can u ask from a show?
    We always go, the deal of the day was an 8lb'er that had 7 lbs in it of VV N560 for the some of...... Ready $140.00 Haaaa.
    There are still good deals to be had, you gotta root for them.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I was one of the vendors at the show. Definitely more vendors and visitors today than in recent times. I don’t know if it is because we are headed into Christmas or an election year but this was not one of the slower shows.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    $6 entry fee to look at overpriced beat up guns and price-gouged ammo (as much as double elsewhere).

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    $6 entry fee to look at overpriced beat up guns and price-gouged ammo (as much as double elsewhere).
    Well I happened to have picked up a 8lb jug of VV N560 with 7 lbs in it of powder for $140.00. Almost bought a Model 41 Smith in 99% in the box with paperwork for $950.00, we decided we don't need another one.
    You have to show up to get the deals.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Will you see "price-gouged ammo" there? Sure, you probably will. When you say "(as much as double elsewhere)", that statement is likely correct. Elsewhere is probably at the same show, on a different table.

Top Bottom