• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bru460

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2015
    Kirklin
    I'm looking to shoot in Indiana Multi Gun next year and have a question about gear. How many double stack magazine pouches and AR pouches will I need? Also how many round shells carrier are typically used in a shotgun stage?

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    You should have a double mag carrier and maybe a single. Be able to carry 16 shotshells and one rifle mag. Then show up and shoot a match. Subscribe to Indiana Multigun series to get the match announcements so you can bring the right amount of ammo. If you are missing anything you really need someone will be willing to loan you what you need. I borrowed stuff all the time in my first few matches.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    All this is personal preference for the most part. Show up and run what you have, and try to limit how much you buy until you get a little experience. I've seen quite a few guys shoot matches pulling shotgun shells from a dump pouch and an AR mag in their back pocket.

I personally have 3 pistol mag carriers and one AR mag pouch on my belt. I see a lot that have 2 of each as well. Shotgun shell caddies are harder to deal with. I personally tried 3 kinds before I found one I like. I now have space for 24 shells in front and 8 more on my strong side behind my pistol holster. Carrying 16 shells is a good starting point, but I know there have been stages where that would have left you short of shells at the end. Here's my rig fully loaded.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    FishnHunt is correct. 16 will occasionally leave you short. That is the exception more so than the rule. And it is more just to get you shooting than a long term solution. Its also likely you will start with one brand or type of carrier and end up switching. If you do run into the exception before making a final decision then there is almost always someone who will loan you a piece of their gear to get you by.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    This was my first full year of shooting multigun. As far as carrying ammo here's my take from this year. 2 mag pouches for pistol is plenty. I did not have a mag pouch for rifle, just put a spare mag in my back pocket but never used it. Although I will probably pick one for next year.

I used two Taccom shell caddies for a total of 16 on my belt and I wish I had one more caddie. What I had was enough on most stages, but really needed more shells on a couple of stages. Good luck!

Top Bottom