• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    What is your favorite multi cal can? I'm contemplating the Silencerco Hybrid 46. The only can I have now is a Silencerco Sparrow and am very happy with it. Not against any other brands, and maybe I'll get educated as to not buy a multi cal. Looking for some opinions. I just like the options of putting it on several different pistol calibers, as well as the rifle rating. Thanks in advance for any advice!

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    If you own stuff up to that caliber, i.e. 45-70, 450 BM, then yea go with the SiCo Hybrid 46. If you don't, then I'd go to a lower caliber can. Griffin makes a Bushwhacker 46, but never handled one.
    Big fan of the Nomad, Vox S, and YHM Resonator.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    A couple of points to remember:
    1. Rifle cans are loud (I wear ears)
    2. Pistol cans are loud (I wear ears)
    3. 22 cans are nice

Moving a can from gun to gun doesn't work out the way think it will as your zero will change. It's best to dedicate the can to a specific gun. That said, I've got a multi caliber GA Optimus and I'm happy with it. It won't do 40 or 45 if you are excited about that.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I like hybrid cans esp since shooting a couple of acquaintances of mine that had them v.s. my fixed caliber suppressor. They are very versatile for different calibers if you have to switch it up for whatever reason just remember your impact shift for indexing the right combos for each specific need.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I have a Hybrid 46, and I think it is a good can. Centerfire handguns suppressed are fun range toys but dont really serve any real purpose. The Hybrid is decent as a PCC and rifle can but is longer and slightly heavier than other dedicated rifle options. One nice thing about the .46 bore is being able to put it on AKs or friends ARs without worrying about baffle strikes. If you dont have any hosts with larger bores than 9mm, look at the Omega 36M. It is modular in length so that you can put it in short config for HD and then run it long at the range or hunting. It also has some stronger blast baffle materials which will hold up better than the Hybrid if you are a 5.56 short barrel mag dumper. Like the other guy mentioned, look at the Griffin Bushwhacker .46 also. I dont own any Griffin cans yet, but I use Griffins Plan A on all my hosts. If you want to come to Indy to try out a Hybrid, I'm happy to meet you at Parabellum sometime so you can try it.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    All very good points! I guess I should say, it will primarily live on a VEPR or Remington 308 bolt for hunting. Just thinking it could be fun to throw it on a pistol or an AR10 or 15 or an AK at the range to experiment and plink with. Seems like a decent option compared to several different ones. Strictly a toy, other than hunting purposes.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I got my Hybrid for my .308 bolt gun to hunt with. It also goes on an AR just for fun at the range. It was originally purchased to be a "do it all" can, but we all know how that works out...

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    I'm looking for a can to swap back and forth between an AR10, AR15 carbine, and 10.5 pistol. Would likely live on the pistol but would like the flexibility of throwing it on the .308. LGS has a Silencerco Specwar 7.62 cheaper than I've found online, so far it is the leader. But I would rather buy once, cry once if there is another can i should be considering.

Any suggestions?

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    I'm looking for a can to swap back and forth between an AR10, AR15 carbine, and 10.5 pistol. Would likely live on the pistol but would like the flexibility of throwing it on the .308. LGS has a Silencerco Specwar 7.62 cheaper than I've found online, so far it is the leader. But I would rather buy once, cry once if there is another can i should be considering.

Any suggestions?
    If 308 is as big as you want, that should be a good choice, from my research. I want the flexibility to go to 45 acp or 458 as a possibility too.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

Any suggestions?
    Dead Air Sandman S. Their keymo mount will bring a repeatable zero shift that is consistent. Cost a little more cheese to get muzzle devices for 3 guns but I don't think you'll be disappointed. No barrel length restrictions, full auto-rated, super durable.

Whisk604

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Rensselaer
    I use one can on 14 rifles. I went with the titanium yhm phantom 308 QD. I have no regrets. One thing I would suggest looking into is the OSS line of suppressors. They claim almost no increased back pressure. That would make life a lot easier. I have not used one yet just throwing that out there. Looking at one for the 338.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm impressed with my Griffin Optimus. Everything from .22lr pistol to .300 WinMag. I have the Gen1 baffles, and the Gen2 "eco baffles" are supposed to be a big step better. I'm considering sending mine in to get the upgrade. It's curious though, they want me to mail them the tube and baffles. The tube is the serialized component, so I'm not sure if I have to go back through an FFL to get it back. Now that I've typed this, I think I'll give them a call.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    I'm impressed with my Griffin Optimus. Everything from .22lr pistol to .300 WinMag. I have the Gen1 baffles, and the Gen2 "eco baffles" are supposed to be a big step better. I'm considering sending mine in to get the upgrade. It's curious though, they want me to mail them the tube and baffles. The tube is the serialized component, so I'm not sure if I have to go back through an FFL to get it back. Now that I've typed this, I think I'll give them a call.
    Because the baffles are "suppressor parts" according to the ATF, they can't just mail you the baffles.
    It's not the same as a serialized lower and unserialized upper for an AR.
    once the service is complete they ship directly back to you. You are the registered owner on the Form 4.

Top Bottom