Much Of Our Meat Supply Is Foreign Controlled…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Just four companies — Cargill, Tyson Foods, JBS, and National Beef Packing — control 85% of the beef market in the United States. Smithfield Foods, JBS, Hormel, and Tyson Foods have about 70% of the market for pork. Tyson, JBS, Perdue Farms, and Sanderson Farms (partly owned by Cargill) hold 54% of the poultry market.”

“Smithfield Foods, the largest single pork producer in the U.S. (26% of the total market share), is entirely owned by the Chinese company WH Group, and the company’s purchase of Smithfield in 2013 was the largest Chinese acquisition of an American company up to that point. Several senior executives at WH Group are members of the Chinese Communist Party, according to an investigation by the Daily Caller News Foundation, and the company owns around 150,000 acres of land in 29 states through Smithfield.”

“JBS, the world’s largest meat producer, and National Beef Packing’s parent company, Marfrig, are Brazilian companies. Both have been accused of human rights abuses toward natives of the Amazon and illegally cutting down swathes of rainforest to make new land suitable for cattle grazing.”

“Tyson Foods, which has considerable market shares in all three major U.S. meat sectors (beef, pork, and poultry), made headlines recently over its comments about hiring more immigrant labor as the illegal immigration crisis continues to unfold on the southern border.”

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    The moment you try to buy outside of the major manufacturers, you're going to learn how much prices have been suppressed by Chinese slave labor. Discovering the true cost of inflation through meat will be a tremendous shock. Remember, buy local and you're supporting a family in your own community instead of a mega corporation that hates you.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The moment you try to buy outside of the major manufacturers, you're going to learn how much prices have been suppressed by Chinese slave labor. Discovering the true cost of inflation through meat will be a tremendous shock. Remember, buy local and you're supporting a family in your own community instead of a mega corporation that hates you.
    One of the reasons I get most of my meat from Moody's butcher shop nearby. All Indiana raised, grass fed, grain finished. Also get 1/4's from local farmers from time to time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem is they lack the capacity to supply the masses. AND, the leftists are coming after small and hobby farms with destructive regulations.

Don't get stuck in the normalcy bias of I will buy from farmers or farmers markets when SHTF. If SHTF for you it hit everyone else…

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    The problem is they lack the capacity to supply the masses. AND, the leftists are coming after small and hobby farms with destructive regulations.

Don't get stuck in the normalcy bias of I will buy from farmers or farmers markets when SHTF. If SHTF for you it hit everyone else…
    You're absolutely correct, which is why I raise my own chickens. Both eggs and meat. Next step is incubators and going from eggs to meat and back.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

I can walk less than a 1/4 mile and shoot any cow left when SHTF. Currently I buy an entire cow from a local farmer that has his own processing facility and store front. Call today and you pick it up in 6-8 weeks with hang time included.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I can walk less than a 1/4 mile and shoot any cow left when SHTF. Currently I buy an entire cow from a local farmer that has his own processing facility and store front. Call today and you pick it up in 6-8 weeks with hang time included.
    And you are the only person that has thought of that.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    And you are the only person that has thought of that.
    I’m sure this small community would have the ability and sense to kill as needed to not waste what is available. At least I get that feeling when talking to many here and their feelings on what we should fear and who we should fear if the time comes. Is that inclusive of the whole community? No, but in a small town of 2800 I think we have a solid base that can circle the wagons and preserve a good portion of the available assets. It’s helpful to be 30 + miles from a metropolitan area. Strangers stand out.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m sure this small community would have the ability and sense to kill as needed to not waste what is available. At least I get that feeling when talking to many here and their feelings on what we should fear and who we should fear if the time comes. Is that inclusive of the whole community? No, but in a small town of 2800 I think we have a solid base that can circle the wagons and preserve a good portion of the available assets. It’s helpful to be 30 + miles from a metropolitan area. Strangers stand out.
    You need to read about Venezuela. This is just not the way things go. In SHTF you may get a few weeks but what you describe is not real world.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    You need to read about Venezuela. This is just not the way things go. In SHTF you may get a few weeks but what you describe is not real world.
    Was actually going to mention this. Plus it's only a matter of time until roving bands of starving lunatics start putting spikes on their rat rods.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Was actually going to mention this. Plus it's only a matter of time until roving bands of starving lunatics start putting spikes on their rat rods.
    The Venezuelan situation is not a joke, it is real world. I have also read accounts from Argentina and Eastern Europe all are very similar.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I’d be careful doing that first bit because the farmer who raised that cow is liable to shoot back.

Most of my meat comes from my woods, my farm, or a friends nearby who raise cattle and pigs.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    The Venezuelan situation is not a joke, it is real world. I have also read accounts from Argentina and Eastern Europe all are very similar.
    I didn't mean to imply it was all a joke. Social order is a pretty big worry when the lights are out. Mostly just that mad max style roving bands might also be an issue coming from cities.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I didn't mean to imply it was all a joke. Social order is a pretty big worry when the lights are out. Mostly just that mad max style roving bands might also be an issue coming from cities.
    I did not mean to imply that at all. That was to make the point to others. You obviously get it…

Top Bottom