• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Ive got an M&P 9C which I really like, Ive been carrying it in a Fist IWB and after a lot of walking it really gets uncomfortable. Ive got a 34" waist and Im using a decent belt. I had a Comptac CTAC and didnt really like it. Are either of these 2 going to be better, and which would you prefer?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have the MTAC, but have never tried either the CTAC or Supertuck. I can say that the MTAC with the leather covering the backside is extremely comfortable for me. I highly recommend the MTAC whenever I can.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    i'm in the same boat. ive never used a supertuck but i have an MTAC and love it. its very comfortable for me and IMO is finished nicer than what ive seen of the supertuck. i have a 34" waist as well and carry a G23 at about 4:30-5:00

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Im leaning that way too, they cost about the same and you can get the MTAC in 5 days instead of 3-4 weeks. I need to try something, the FIST kydex is only comfortable for a short time with the M&P, I have one for my PM9 and can wear it all day no problem I guess its because the gun is so much heavier and thicker

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I only know half of the story, as I only have the supertuck. As to the ST, though, I do love it. Can carry a 229 all day and actually forget I'm carrying it till I sit down. I do use a thick bullhide belt bought from the belt guys at the 1500 a couple of shows ago. Makes a very big difference.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    I looked long and hard at each of these holsters. I went with the MTAC because I liked the interchangeable kydex bodies, extra layer of leather over the rivets, and it seemed to get excellent reviews for comfort (although so does the ST). Having said that, I do have two issues with it (btw, I carry a g30). One, I like to carry at about 4:30 and the MTAC seems to work its way to 5-5:30 after I've been moving around, sitting, etc. It's also stiffer than I though it would be. It doesn't quite hug my hip like I thought it would. However, I can't compare it to the ST. Other than those two things, I think this is an excellent choice. Retention is good, draw is quick, and it conceals my g30 well.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I just purchased the Minotaur , It is the mtac minus the extra backing I think.(I'm cheap)
    I am a big guy and this is the first IWB holster that has worked for me. It is very comfortable and conceals both my Xdm and 1911 very well.
    I cant speak to the others you mentioned because I have no experience with them.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    One, I like to carry at about 4:30 and the MTAC seems to work its way to 5-5:30 after I've been moving around, sitting, etc. It's also stiffer than I though it would be. It doesn't quite hug my hip like I thought it would. However, I can't compare it to the ST. Other than those two things, I think this is an excellent choice. Retention is good, draw is quick, and it conceals my g30 well.

One thing I like about the ST is the metal clips that come with it, combined with a Crossbreed belt, the ST stays where it's put.

Your MTAC will probably conform after you wear it for a while. It took my ST a couple of weeks to mold itself to me.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    +1 for the Supertuck. It's the first holster I've bought for my HK USPc. I had to adjust it around a few times but like where it is now. I'm about a 33" waist. Photos in my profile.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I have no experience with the Crossbreed, but the MTAC is much more comfortable than the CTAC. If you have issues with holsters moving around, skateboard tape can do wonders.

Top Bottom