• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Poor MSNBC! Even when they obviously slant the questions, they can't get the results they want.
    They'll have to change the choices to:

Do you favor angry redneck degenerates slaughtering toddlers in the schools?

Are you a sane, rational person who believes guns can be misused and cause harm?

Are you undecided about allowing private citizens to kill people?

Doug

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    MSNBC Story and Poll!

Link to Poll

Newsvine - How safe do you feel knowing there are people around legally carrying concealed guns?

Source

“The industry constantly has to look for a way to make a guy who already owns 15 guns buy a new one.”
    -- No they don't! If he already has 15, then he almost certainly already wants a 16th!

Rand, the spokeswoman for the Violence Policy Center, acknowledged that “we don’t have centralized data-gathering to know what people are doing with these licenses. (But) anecdotally, we know they’re doing quite a bit of harm,” she said.
    -- Another real gem.

The highest gun homicide rate is in Washington, D.C., which has had the nation’s strictest gun-control laws for years and bans concealed carry: 20.50 deaths per 100,000 population, five times the general rate. The lowest rate, 1.12, is in Utah, which has such a liberal concealed weapons policy that most American adults can get a permit to carry a gun in Utah without even visiting the state.
    -- Tough to argue with this one. Even if you can't prove the relationship, this is pretty damn staggering.

“The idea that you send people out into public and if someone else has a gun, you have to kill them, that becomes anarchy,” she said.
    -- How can anyone think this is what gun ownership is all about? These antis still suprise me sometimes.

-------------------------------------

Overall, this article is the most fair mainstream media article I have seen yet to date. I hope the poll goes well. There is also an interactive gun-law map which shows gun law changes through time (pretty neat), and a video to the side.

Last edited:

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    My favorite part is the stats from the "Concealed Carry Killers". Since May 2007, licensed handgun owners have killed 151 people...and compared to the total killed by unlicensed... :dunno:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I'm guessing so. Their article was pretty supportive. I would say the overall feeling of the article is pro gun. They give pro-gun the last word, and make the antis seem a bit crazy instead of the other way around.

Could the winds be changing??

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    "might go off by accident.Are you kidding? Think of people who lack common sense or need to practice anger management who may be packing heat. It's the Wild West!"

Wow, interesting, When do they show the poll results?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I agree. I thought it was generally a good article. I went to some of the websites of the anti-gun organizations and they are really off the wall.

I'm guessing so. Their article was pretty supportive. I would say the overall feeling of the article is pro gun. They give pro-gun the last word, and make the antis seem a bit crazy instead of the other way around.

Could the winds be changing??

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    voted

“Their efforts at reaching out to minorities and women have failed,” said Rand, whose group [VPC] advocates banning all handguns and some rifles but believes sporting rifles and shotguns should remain legal.
    I've talked to many a gun owner who seemed unaware or refused to believe that the highlighted part is the main goal (still not the ultimate goal) of the gun prohibition lobby.

As an aside:
    About 20 years ago at a small get-together, I was calmly talking to an old high school friend who was a long-time hunter and gun owner. His wife, who had been eavesdropping nearby, suddenly horned in, almost screaming, "Only the police and military should have guns!!" Momentarily taken aback by her hate-filled tone, I told her, "Yeah...kind of like North Korea. You keep thinkin' that way, you get others thinkin' that way, you keep demanding that -
    'only the police and military should...'
    - eventually, only the police and military will."

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    "As a retired law enforcement professional, I can say that most people seeking permits are generally morons that create more problems."

oh how true how true. i can tell. by the posts on ingo that we are all morons and stumblebum yahoos. and that no one who is an LEO can possibly fit that category

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    i voted. its scary some of the un educated anti gun and wild west comments i saw. i think im more afraid of them than they are of me.

Gotta love the "Wild West" argument. Isn't it funny how old dime store novels, and cowboy movies have become reliable historical documentation? :rolleyes:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Poor MSNBC! Even when they obviously slant the questions, they can't get the results they want.
    They'll have to change the choices to:

Do you favor angry redneck degenerates slaughtering toddlers in the schools?

Are you a sane, rational person who believes guns can be misused and cause harm?

Are you undecided about allowing private citizens to kill people?

Doug

:): I see someone has been monitoring the media and is onto their **** tactics.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mike Stuckey can smoke more ganja if he thinks it will make him a more convincing writer. That crap was horrible.

If he really believes that the guy that walks into a room full of people, produces a weapon, then demands money ends up some kind of victim (?!?!) - I couldn't read any further.

Top Bottom