• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Monty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Shelbyville
    A big Thank You to Philo and all the others I meet at the meeting. I walked away feeling welcomed and with a new skill "Basic Map Reading and Orienting". Hope to see and join in on other meetings in the future.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A big Thank You to Philo and all the others I meet at the meeting. I walked away feeling welcomed and with a new skill "Basic Map Reading and Orienting". Hope to see and join in on other meetings in the future.

Good to meet you!
    FYI - I have a compass like yours on order.

Philo done a great job of getting my interest peaked on this. A compass does a lot more than point north.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Good to meet you!

Philo done a great job of getting my interest peaked on this. A compass does a lot more than point north.

Yes, it was good to meet you Monty. Glad you came out and braved doing something new. I told you we were mostly harmless. ;)

We (the wife & I) both enjoyed the lessons & agree about the interest. Would it be possible to meet again, review the previous lesson and maybe get a little deeper in map reading & orienting?

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    It looks like I'll finally be able to attend, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and trying this new fare at 6:30! LOL I may actually be early as I'll be in B-ton this afternoon for other shopping.

Hickman, Do we get the answer to the "Knock Knock" at the meet tonight?

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Possible solution for SJRS closing @ 9. Classic Bowling is just up the street, is climate controlled and open to midnight.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic-Lanes-Bowling-Center/241727465856?id=241727465856&sk=info

Wednesday- $2.25 Games til 6pm $2.75 Shoes til 6 pm.
    QUARTERMANIA After 6PM
    $5.00 Cover
    $.25 Games and Shoes

I suggest that we (I) skip dessert and go bowling with the money saved.

We could meet and eat 6:30-7:30 and then go bowl a couple of games for less than $6.

Hang out talk and get some EXERSICE at the same time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Possible solution for SJRS closing @ 9. Classic Bowling is just up the street, is climate controlled and open to midnight.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Classic-Lanes-Bowling-Center/241727465856?id=241727465856&sk=info

Wednesday- $2.25 Games til 6pm $2.75 Shoes til 6 pm.
    QUARTERMANIA After 6PM
    $5.00 Cover
    $.25 Games and Shoes

I suggest that we (I) skip dessert and go bowling with the money saved.

We could meet and eat 6:30-7:30 and then go bowl a couple of games for less than $6.

Hang out talk and get some EXERSICE at the same time.

Excellent idea. Also discovered the Jiffy Treat on the East side is open until 11:00PM with limited inside dining and a few large tables outside.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Excellent idea. Also discovered the Jiffy Treat on the East side is open until 11:00PM with limited inside dining and a few large tables outside.

Jiffy Treat would be counter productive to the intention of reduction of (my) body mass. It is a very good and tasty idea though. Maybe those that want to can hit Jiffy Treat after bowling?

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Premonition or Situational Awareness?
    Bloomington police: Man with machete robs gas station - HeraldTimesOnline: Local News (Subscription)

...Bloomington police say a male with a machete robbed a gas station of cash early Tuesday morning.

A clerk reported the armed robbery at the Marathon gas station, 1705 N. Kinser Pike, at 12:51 a.m...

Recognize that address?

Well it's close, but not that close. Due to an oddity of Bloomington street numbering where Kirkwood (5th) street is essentially zero in the numbering system, 1705 N Kinser Pike is not at 17th street and Kinser Pike.

This was at the station up by the Harley dealer.

Top Bottom