• ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    2 things:
    1. you all still want me around?
    2. Is there any parking fees in the city lot across the street? I know you need a permit between 7 and 5 IIRC, but The wife and I have been parking over there for the last couple months on alternating Thursday's to listen to a friend of the family play jazz...

A. Sure, you haven't renounced bacon or something equally horrific have you?

B. Unknown about the parking.

C. I agree on the reevaluation of location. Price increase, parking and taxes are to much at once.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Month in, month out I keep thinking this will be the time I finally meet up with you all. But it seems like there's some family or work thing that comes up that crimps my style...especially when I think of trying to get to downtown Bloomington from down this way. Since I'm not a contributing part of the group, I know my preferences will not and probably should not pull much weight. But if you guys decided on a location more convenient to us Bedford/Mitchell folks, I think I could join up.

Thanks for your consideration.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Maybe we could/should setup a rotating location? Martinsville, somewhere in Monroe Co, & somewhere in Bedford?

Is there any interest in a Greene Co location? Brown Co? Johnson Co? Owen Co?

Am I over thinking this?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Month in, month out I keep thinking this will be the time I finally meet up with you all. But it seems like there's some family or work thing that comes up that crimps my style...especially when I think of trying to get to downtown Bloomington from down this way. Since I'm not a contributing part of the group, I know my preferences will not and probably should not pull much weight. But if you guys decided on a location more convenient to us Bedford/Mitchell folks, I think I could join up.

Thanks for your consideration.

You are not the first from that area to inquire or even show up occasionally at our meetings. While we would be happy to have you in our group, you are more than free to start your own. I can readily think of at least a couple INGOers from down there who might attend, maybe more if you solicited. Pick a different regular day of the month, you might collect some or all of us from the Btown area.

I'm sure I don't have to mention that convenience is a relative thing. We have one or two regular attendees who drive for nearly an hour from the north to downtown Bloomington to attend. Myself, I'm 20 plus minutes each way, Bedford turns that into 45min/hour depending on traffic, location, cops, tickets. etc.:dunno:

All that said, pending discussion with the rest of the group, we are looking to change locations. Could be a location south of Bloomington, near the highway, wouldn't be that much more time than the traffic/parking of going downtown?

Sounds like we have a lot to talk about. Good that the downtown business gets to hear about why they are possibly running off their business.:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You are not the first from that area to inquire or even show up occasionally at our meetings. While we would be happy to have you in our group, you are more than free to start your own. I can readily think of at least a couple INGOers from down there who might attend, maybe more if you solicited. Pick a different regular day of the month, you might collect some or all of us from the Btown area.

I'm sure I don't have to mention that convenience is a relative thing. We have one or two regular attendees who drive for nearly an hour from the north to downtown Bloomington to attend. Myself, I'm 20 plus minutes each way, Bedford turns that into 45min/hour depending on traffic, location, cops, tickets. etc.:dunno:

All that said, pending discussion with the rest of the group, we are looking to change locations. Could be a location south of Bloomington, near the highway, wouldn't be that much more time than the traffic/parking of going downtown?

Sounds like we have a lot to talk about. Good that the downtown business gets to hear about why they are possibly running off their business.:yesway:

I wouldn't presume to make any demands. I've followed this thread for several months and it looks as though you guys have a pretty steady group. I was just making a suggestion for the group's consideration...but I would hate it if you made some change that would cause your regular group to fall apart just to placate some guy you've never met before and has never shown up before. There's no way I would want to be the cause of that.

From my house, I'm about an hour to the north side of down town. (Bloomington traffic, ya know....:D) We can get to the stuff on the west side in about 45mins---if the construction is done. :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wouldn't presume to make any demands...
    Come on up and make all the demands you want. :D Convince the folks to come further south and they will. PhilO is the president, maybe you can sell him? :D

We are just an odd handful of kinda like minded folks. Our monthly meetings are often way more social than official. (Wouldn't want you to drive all that way to think this is serious bidness.)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Come on up and make all the demands you want. :D Convince the folks to come further south and they will. PhilO is the president, maybe you can sell him? :D

We are just an odd handful of kinda like minded folks. Our monthly meetings are often way more social than official. (Wouldn't want you to drive all that way to think this is serious bidness.)

Surely you jest??? :faint:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    7PM, right?

The boy is gonna be mad at me, since he has football practice until 7 :)

If anyone in Beford area wants to carpool, let me know.

I'll be working out at Anytime Fitness prior and will probably leave for Bloomington around 6:20.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes 7:00, but stragglers are not uncommon. We have kind of got in the habit of not ordering the main course until 7:30. It actually seems as though the ordering and food delivery goes better without the whole table's order going in a all at one time. The staff appears to be flumaxed by large orders.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington

Really! I can't leave you unsupervised for a minute and you're out causing trouble.

I don't know whether to quote Sherman ("if nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve") or make a presidential decree that all future meetings will be held at Burl's reloading room.:dunno:

Top Bottom