• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    It's not weird that you like them. Heck I "like" them. They aren't bad really, but when you practically LIVE on them week after week...:n00b:

A lot of guys would mix everything together and said with that and the hot sauce it was all more bearable.

That's understandable. The only parts I don't really like are the desserts. I tried one of the muffin tops once, it was pretty gross. The cheese and crackers are really good. I don't know how they make that cheese sauce, but it's freaking delicious. I haven't tried the notorious omelet one, but I'm not sure I'd ever want to.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Shibumiseeker's GB was well done for sure. Only problem, which wasn't due to him, was getting stuff transported.

I got mine through a supply chain of sorts. I appreciated all the effort on all involved.

Actually had considered a new GB where the pallet starts a little more central to the state. Might make it easier for a different crowd. I am just not sure I could deal with it all.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    Shibumiseeker's GB was well done for sure. Only problem, which wasn't due to him, was getting stuff transported.

I got mine through a supply chain of sorts. I appreciated all the effort on all involved.

Actually had considered a new GB where the pallet starts a little more central to the state. Might make it easier for a different crowd. I am just not sure I could deal with it all.

I you do can those close to evv get there's befor it go's north????

Im in for 4 cases
    and could hold some for the evansville crowd { If some lifts them for me}

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I would advise against getting cases of mre's as stated earlier there are meals that i would rather die than eating, omelette, and when i was in the service i would usualy strip my mres down to the entree and the snack. hot sauce is a must. sportsmans guide or cheaper than dirt will allow you to buy the entrees and snack seperately wich IMO is better. but in all honesty, my last deployment i only ate the mres when I ran out of Mountain House meals. wich are also available in builk and taste 300 times better. on a side note, i was stationed in alaska, and we would get mres in a white bag. they are arctic MRE and are freeze dried and tasted better and didnt mess with my system as much. but still it was an mre. just some food for thought.

The vegetarian pastas are actually pretty good. I put some hot sauce in one of those and it was freaking delicious. Is it weird that I like them? :):

Most of the newer ones are not nearly as bad as the older ones. For a high calorie ready to eat meal, hard to beat.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't think I have ever seen them cheaper then 50 somrthing a case for a year or so old box... Have seen old stuff for less. Unless it is a group buy low 60 range is about what to expect for a good deal. Have seen good deals on eBay but pay attention to the shipping costs... Some guys will eat you alive on shipping.

P.s. I personally like eating the mre's... Have had some Vietnam era/gulf war ones back in the day and those were not bad.... The K ration stuff that they put in the big metal tubs was death..... The Mac and cheese tore everyone up...

Top Bottom