• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I’m digging up this thread with an update. I got a job in Bloomington so now we’re looking for a place to live with access to Blooming and Indy.

Anyone live in Mooresville or Canby? Thoughts about those areas, or another place that would access Bloomington and Indianapolis ?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have family that live in both locations and they enjoy living there. I live just before 465 and 37 and it's a decent area as well, though the drive to Bloomington from here would be 50 minutes to an hour depending on where the location is.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m digging up this thread with an update. I got a job in Bloomington so now we’re looking for a place to live with access to Blooming and Indy.

Anyone live in Mooresville or Canby? Thoughts about those areas, or another place that would access Bloomington and Indianapolis ?
    I live in mooresville. I enjoy it, the town is dead about 10pm most nights, even on weekends it isn’t very busy at night. It’s becoming a lot more populated since camby has grown so much, so if you don’t wanna live in town Monrovia is right next to us and pretty rural. Mooresville also has a lot of rural areas. Good schools as well (or they was when I went at least). Close to I-70, 465, 67, 37, and 40 so basically all the main highways/interstates through the states.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    With the closing out of the I69 project Mooresville to Bloomington will be a breeze, especially out here on the SE side where I'm at. I'm about 5 minutes from the Henderson Ford overpass which does include on/off access upon completion. Country-ish living with amenities 10 minutes away is tough to beat.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    This year I'm retiring from the Army after 20 years and moving to Indiana, and I'm actively searching and applying for Project Manager positions in the Indianapolis area. I have 14+ years of project management experience, as well as an MBA, PMP certification, and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification, just as an overview.

If you know of a company looking for a Project Manger, please let me know! I appreciate any leads and information as I start this new chapter in the Hoosier State.
    I work for a contract bio-pharmaceutical company in Bloomington. We are always looking for project managers and have a history of hiring vets. Good money, stable, fast growing global company. We too, have a referral program. I'll gladly make you the same offer as Full Metal Jesus and split it with you. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you more info.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Thanks for the insight! These areas are looking pretty good.

Two priorities when I get to Indiana are to apply for LTCH, and then buy a gun with no 7-day wait and neutered (10 round) magazines. Maryland is awful.
    I think you have your priorities backwards. Buy the gun and then apply for the LTCH.

:welcome: from Indy. Thank you for your service.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    The house here in Maryland is under contract and we are actively looking for a rental house. Mooresville looks good for us. Is anyone renting a single family house in Mooresville, or know if anyone who is?

6 weeks till Indiana!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Can not help with the Project manager Job, but seems like there should be some online options that might provide a few leads.

But you always run the risk of moving to Indiana, finding a great place in an area like Boone Grove and being offered another job out of state then you become a former Indiana Gun owner lol.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Can not help with the Project manager Job, but seems like there should be some online options that might provide a few leads.

But you always run the risk of moving to Indiana, finding a great place in an area like Boone Grove and being offered another job out of state then you become a former Indiana Gun owner lol.

I do have a job lined up, now I just need to find a house. As for leaving Indiana once I get settled...nah. Looking to put down roots!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The house here in Maryland is under contract and we are actively looking for a rental house. Mooresville looks good for us. Is anyone renting a single family house in Mooresville, or know if anyone who is?

6 weeks till Indiana!
    Mooresville:
    Pros: Lower property taxes in Morgan County, a lot of "country", close to the big city but not too close.

Cons: HatinSince87 lives there. :lmfao:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know you said you have a job. But if it doesn’t work out, my wife works for Anthem and says they are always looking for good people.
    And you would probably be working from home for the most part even post covid.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Monroe county will have the highest housing costs and taxes, college town and all that. Morgan, Owen and Lawrence counties will be cheaper with reasonable commutes.

Top Bottom