• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I searched and couldn't find this anywhere. I am moving and need to notify ISP of new address for my wife and I (to comply with rules on LTCH). Has anyone done this and know the proper procedures? Thanks!

:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As usual, the INGO FAQ provides:
    What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=6643 (it's a PDF, but at this time it doesn't seem to download as one. Just open it with your favorite PDF reader.)
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.
    Also, INGO member Dwight called and spoke with Megan at the above number in re: his daughter living at college and keeping her address of record at his home. He was told that as long as she can receive mail there, she can list it as her address.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/showth...81#post2441781

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    :whip:I was searching within this section and not the FAQ section!!! Flog me with wet noodles!!! Thanks to you both!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My daughter in law contacted them by mail and phone call, she kept her same license...then she got stopped and harrassed my Warsaw PD, because it had a different address.....they didn't know the law or any law for that matter, anyway when she contacted and complained to the State Police guess what.......they had no record that she had ever contacted them. So either pay the 20.00 and get it changed or send a change of address by mail that THEY have to sign for so you got proof they recieved it. Don't count on ISP to do a good job in this area for ya.

mikescetme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got online filled out the address change form printed it and faxed it to the number provided on the form -- but had no confirmation that they received it -- wish I had a ISP friend to run it and see if it worked ..

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    A few years ago when I changed my address, they told me not to file notice until I had moved (I had the new address already). I ended up just getting a new license for the new address, but I think someone in Indy was being lazy.

You can call them up and have them verify your addy for you!

Tell them you're calling from a bar, and you can't remember where you live or how to get home now.:):

Top Bottom