• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    not sure if this is the right section.I have noticed showplace 12/16 in schereville has a no gun sign. are there any other theaters i can go to.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    There is no reason that you can't to, and carry in that one. It's not illegal, just against their policy. If you're boycotting them because of this policy, that's a different matter. I think that you'll find that most theaters will have a similar policy, though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The rare time I do go to movie theatres, I'll have a shirt over it until I sit down, then I'll OC the rest of the time and on the way out. What're they going to do... ask me to leave after I already watched the movie?

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    There is no reason that you can't to, and carry in that one. It's not illegal, just against their policy. If you're boycotting them because of this policy, that's a different matter. I think that you'll find that most theaters will have a similar policy, though.

yea i was going to boycott. ive actually opened carried and didnt realize the sign until i walked out.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Signs carry zero weight of the law as we all already know... I cc pretty much everywhere I can legally.. Most theaters have the same policy if you ask them. Just CC and enjoy your movie..

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Signs carry zero weight of the law as we all already know... I cc pretty much everywhere I can legally.. Most theaters have the same policy if you ask them. Just CC and enjoy your movie..
    i opened carried there a bunch. its just with in the pass few months i have seen the sign.the ticket counter has seen it and never mentioned it
    Were you asked to leave or did you just noticed the sign and decided to leave?
    i was already walking out the door then seen sign.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The rare time I do go to movie theaters, I'll have a shirt over it until I sit down, then I'll OC the rest of the time and on the way out. What're they going to do... ask me to leave after I already watched the movie?

Excellent way to...

Fight_The_Power.jpg
    !!

:rockwoot: :ingo: :rockwoot:

Idiotic rules made by idiots deserve an appropriate amount of respect...which looks pretty much like this::p :rolleyes: :p

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Most theaters right now probably do have no gun signs posted because of the Aurora scare still in the back of the minds of most people. Just makes it a bit easier for them to eject you if they get complaints. Of course, no anti-gun policy will ever prevent another "Aurora" but it does give many customers a false sense of security and if that gets butts in the seats, then so be it.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I do go to the theater occasionally, but for the sake of argument allow me to point out that HD projectors are increasingly affordable. Couple one with a decent screen, a receiver, and surround sound, and you'll have nearly the theater experience without the nuisance of other patrons or overpriced, stale snacks.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I do go to the theater occasionally, but for the sake of argument allow me to point out that HD projectors are increasingly affordable. Couple one with a decent screen, a receiver, and surround sound, and you'll have nearly the theater experience without the nuisance of other patrons or overpriced, stale snacks.

Yea. I do love movie theater popcorn though and have never been able to replicate it outside of one.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    they should post signs that say licensed carry encouraged. No matter how deranged someone is, they are going to go the path of least resistence if they have a diabolical plan. I'm just sayin.

Top Bottom