• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I saw three guys on Harley baggers a day or two ago in Plainfield… I checked my outside air temperature gauge on my dashboard and it was 32 degrees. I’ll pass. I enjoy riding, but not that much.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    CEmalFu.gif

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    In case you’re wondering, there is no Motorcycle Expo at the Boat Sport & Travel show this year, despite what the radio ad, and other online ads indicate.

Renfro’s site says “returning 2024”, and the scuttlebutt is saying that it was cancelled due to lack of inventory.

Triumph, HD and Ducati had exhibits, though (thanks for that).

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That's not what it said Friday.

I thought about going, but with it costing $10 to park, $15 each to get in...that's a no for me.

My wife wanted to go to see the RVs, but I told her she would not be able to use her knee scooter going in and out of the RVs, she said have fun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm keeping my eye out for an armored riding jean purchase. Everything advertised looks like a skinny jean?

1676939980135.png

I don't really want to go with a relaxed fit, but I do need a boot cut big enough to go over (and not hang/bunch up on) my Alpinestar Scout boots.

:scratch:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I got out yesterday for an hour. I usually don't get the bike out before late March due to salt and sand. I couldn't stand it any longer.
    I've been looking at heated pants/liner. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a pair that plugs into the bike and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Or in this case two legs.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Brother-in-law is moving from Arizona to Indiana in a couple months. He is renting a u-haul truck. I'm flying out to help him with the return trip.
    He has a can-am Spyder and is looking for a way to load and unload it from the truck. U-haul is okay with this as long as he drains the gas, but they don't have a solution for loading it. We've discussed ramps, but haven't found the ideal one. We discussed driving it, but his back will not allow that long of a trip. He is 73. Neither will mine. He is pulling his car behind the truck. Best solution we have so far is to rent a bike trailer and pull it behind the truck and one of us drive his car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    A standard motorcycle trailer holds 1 bike, so that won’t work, and they’re prone to tip-over if you did have a 2-wheel bike. A 3-bike trailer works if you have 3 (small) bikes with standard tires, but I believe the Spyder tires are flat and relatively wide, which won’t fit in the track of a bike trailer.

Buy a lightweight or standard landscaping trailer out there, and a spare wheel.

It'll have a ramp, you might just have to raise the tongue to prevent bottom-out when you load. U-haul will let you tow it with their truck. If they are still up to their old tricks, they’ll try to sell you an expensive adapter to get the wiring from their proprietary jack to your trailer’s 7-pin or 4/5-pin. You should be able to find the adapter at Autozone, Amazon, etc, and not bend the knee to uhaul for trivial crap. They could have put a standard harness on there, but nooooo…

Pick up a hitch bar and ball after you get the truck, as they might have gone larger than the 2” receiver (the bar and ball might actually be reasonable at uhaul).

Pick up some quality ratchet straps and also “soft straps” to protect whatever your strapping to on the trike. They’re like a short choker strap.

Only tie down at the points that Can-am says to use, or yu’ll have some bent pieces when you arrive home (at best).

When you get home, sell the trailer. If you bought a used one, you’ll lose nothing.

uhaul trailers are heavy as hell. Not bad for a few hundred miles on flat ground, but if you buy a used trailer and sell it here, you’re out nothing, really. Their trucks are dogs without a trailer, and trailers probably still say max speed 45mph!

Or, do the math to figure out how much x miles is going to devalue the car since you’ll be driving instead of towing it, see if that justifies selling the trike there and just buying a new/used one here. That‘s a long time to be in a car alone, without someone to pick on, unless you’re used to it!

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    You might find a bike dealer out there (and here) with a hydraulic loading dock ( the scissor type that raises from ground level). That’d get you in the truck.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Brother-in-law is moving from Arizona to Indiana in a couple months. He is renting a u-haul truck. I'm flying out to help him with the return trip.
    He has a can-am Spyder and is looking for a way to load and unload it from the truck. U-haul is okay with this as long as he drains the gas, but they don't have a solution for loading it. We've discussed ramps, but haven't found the ideal one. We discussed driving it, but his back will not allow that long of a trip. He is 73. Neither will mine. He is pulling his car behind the truck. Best solution we have so far is to rent a bike trailer and pull it behind the truck and one of us drive his car.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Dunno where the gent is on his investment vs value? First thought would be to sell it and buy another here? Maybe put it up for sale and see?

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    When I sold my '91 FXR to a guy in Cali he knew a guy that traveled the country specifically hauling bikes for buyers and sellers. It might be worth looking into and paying for it.
    That was 4-5 years ago. If I can find the info I'll let you know. I seem to remember the first name of Sebi and he also worked on Subaru WRX engines?????

Top Bottom