Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    While we are hating Sigs
    bf548f9a7b51a831784436e761f38df7.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I've only seen one plug for the Ruger SR1911 and it's a solid platform!
    The Ruger is well designed...accurate...smooth...rugged...what's not to like about them?
    I have a combination of Ruger, Chip McCormick, and Wilson magazines...and all perform just fine!
    Interestingly, I recently held a Dan Wesson Guardian...and, dang, if that didn't have a really great feel to it!

Attachments

• 20200910_120300.jpg
      20200910_120300.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 13

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I would suggest Dan Wesson, because that is what I drool over. I have a SW1911E. No complaints. I wish the stainless was black. It is great for carry. 4.25" barrel. I prefer 5". The light lower makes it comfortable. But, nothing lives longer than a steel lower. At the current price of ammo I may never wear this one out. I am not a fan of the ambi. safety. It ain't a game of pool, shoot it with your right hand. I am not a fan of accesory rails. It's a pistol, not a light holder. If you want all that, get an AR Operator-15. A good instinctive point of aim and you only need the sights for killing the spider. I've had good luck with old Colt magazines. The Sig wins out for night sights. I think Kimbers are over priced for the pretty they add. Get a Dan Wesson.
    1613241686343.png

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Of course The 1911 45 Club can help determine, expose and identify the dependability, accuracy and skill set of your favorite 1911. So there’s that.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Update for y’all. I ended up going with the smith and Wesson 1911 TA with rail. First off let me say beautiful gun. (Never really been a guy that cares about that type of thing but it’s breathtaking.) Mechanically very smooth slide seems to glide on the rail with little to no friction similar to more high end guns I have shot. Now... on to the bad. I eagerly brought the gun home to run a mag or two through it like a kid on Christmas. First I took the pistol apart and lubricated everything properly. Loaded the pistol with some PMC bronze 230 FMJ (I was lucky enough to get at the gun store) sent the slide home on the first round...pulled the about 4.5 pound trigger back with the sights perfectly on the target. Bullseye!....with a failure to feed behind it. Figured no biggie new gun this may be common for 1911s. After running 8 shots the first day two failure to feeds in that magazine. Committed to becoming a 1911 guy. I ordered a CMC power mag, a Wilson 47D and a Tripp mag. Next range session same issue. With all three mags and with three different types of high quality ammo. Mine may just be a dud but definitely disappointed. Hopefully will be able to get it figured out but for now she’s in timeout in the safe lol!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Update for y’all. I ended up going with the smith and Wesson 1911 TA with rail. First off let me say beautiful gun. (Never really been a guy that cares about that type of thing but it’s breathtaking.) Mechanically very smooth slide seems to glide on the rail with little to no friction similar to more high end guns I have shot. Now... on to the bad. I eagerly brought the gun home to run a mag or two through it like a kid on Christmas. First I took the pistol apart and lubricated everything properly. Loaded the pistol with some PMC bronze 230 FMJ (I was lucky enough to get at the gun store) sent the slide home on the first round...pulled the about 4.5 pound trigger back with the sights perfectly on the target. Bullseye!....with a failure to feed behind it. Figured no biggie new gun this may be common for 1911s. After running 8 shots the first day two failure to feeds in that magazine. Committed to becoming a 1911 guy. I ordered a CMC power mag, a Wilson 47D and a Tripp mag. Next range session same issue. With all three mags and with three different types of high quality ammo. Mine may just be a dud but definitely disappointed. Hopefully will be able to get it figured out but for now she’s in timeout in the safe lol!
    Pictures please.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Pictures please.
    Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of the malfunction was not thinking at the time. What the round is doing is partially feeding out of the magazine. Normally holding the magazine release down and ripping the magazine out the round will chamber normally.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK.....Are you gripping it like you hate it.
    If you are wasting recoil energy sometimes this will happen.
    PM me....:)

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Would be glad to meet you at the range and get it running for you.
    Thank you very much! I talked to CM and he gave me some pointers to try. I’m going to implement those and see how it does. I feel like it’s something I’m doing wrong especially being a Glock guy lol just kidding!

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I have owned Springfield, Smith &Wesson, Ruger and Dan Wesson. All reliable, all well made. Dan Wesson is by far the finest made. I prefer Wilson Combat magazines, I have Chip McCormick, Brownells and have always heard great things about the Tripp Research. I have not bought them because of price.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I've owned a couple railed 1911's and didn't care for them when the light was attached. I carried a LW Commander at work for years but now carry a G17. I have several 1911's, none railed, and like them all. If you want a railed gun, get what feels good when you hold it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My first 1911 was a Gold Cup Colt in the mid 70's It ran fine. Everything I have now is Springfields some stock, some modified. They run fine. All my 1911 Mags are the the McCormick shooting stars, except one day after a pistol match I can home with one less shooting star mag, and a Metalform mag in its place. I still don't know how that happened. btw, the metalform mag runs fine. I don't think the 1911 is a picky pistol as long as it is stock or the one doing the modification knows what they are doing.

Top Bottom