• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I still have my 930SPX and the Oregon Spacer tube she runs very well.
    Did your 940 come with that spacer or did you add it?
    I've always likened it to reassembling a Rem 742. Keep her clean and it'll never let you down.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    This is giving me flashbacks to the 930 I had that I could never get to run correctly.
    Was it a 930 or the jm930?? I have the jm930 which I figured was pretty much the same internally.
    I haven’t shot mine more than 100 rounds and only had a couple at first that jammed but now ok.. did you have a round count that it started? Or just always? Just curious. Thanks

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We have a couple 930's... Son's 930 Waterfowl Edition gets a ton of use and abuse. My plain-Jane is for clays at the range and upland. Haven't seen really any issues yet. I am considering putting some Boyds wood on mine instead of getting the sweet Benelli Montefeltro I fondled at the NRA show. :drool::popcorn:

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Was it a 930 or the jm930?? I have the jm930 which I figured was pretty much the same internally.
    I haven’t shot mine more than 100 rounds and only had a couple at first that jammed but now ok.. did you have a round count that it started? Or just always? Just curious. Thanks

JM930 specifically, constant issues with everything from buckshot to target loads not wanting to feed at all. Cleaned it and tinkered with the gun till about 600 rounds or so and basically rage quit shotguns for about 6 years.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    We have a couple 930's... Son's 930 Waterfowl Edition gets a ton of use and abuse. My plain-Jane is for clays at the range and upland. Haven't seen really any issues yet. I am considering putting some Boyds wood on mine instead of getting the sweet Benelli Montefeltro I fondled at the NRA show. :drool::popcorn:

My BIL has a Monte , get an A400 instead and thank me later especially if you spring for the kick off system. It's the best semi auto clays gun out there , or one of the best at least.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a 930 Tactical and it is a very nice shotgun. Put an XS Big Dot night sight and an enlarged red anodized safety on it and it functions well. I haven’t shot it that much so I haven’t done a deep clean like you show.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I will replace my JM 930 Pro with the JM 940 Pro as soon as Mossberg offers the new red dot cut in the Pro line and not just the tactical. I talked to a Mossy rep at NRAAM and he kind gave me the run around on why they have not already done this yet.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I still have my 930SPX and the Oregon Spacer tube she runs very well.
    Did your 940 come with that spacer or did you add it?
    I've always likened it to reassembling a Rem 742. Keep her clean and it'll never let you dodown.
    It's completely stock.
    I have a 930 spx also. I was thinking about putting the complete Oregon reliability kit in it. It does ok, but has trouble with low brass.

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I have a 930 SPX and it's been reliable with different loads without much issue, but I'll admit I've only put around 300 to 400 rounds thru it so far . The only non-stock part is the Oregon spacer tube, just put it on last week and it really didn't seem to need it but the reviews for it sounded good.

Back to point, a review on the 940 Tactical.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I also have a 930SPX. On the first day shooting it I had a failure to feed with a slug. I knew it was going to happen because when I manually cycled it that round would fail every time. I couldn't tell what was off by looking at it, but there was definitely something off with that one round. Everything since fed without issue.

Top Bottom