• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    FYI I stopped by MC Sports in Bloomington Friday and they have some of the nicest mosin I have seen in a long time. Eric behind the counter was very helpfull. Several were 1939, some Tulas...i only took a couple...I left some for the rest on you. I took home an as new 1936 tula round receiver to match the 1936 tula hex receiver ex-sniper I scored there a few weeks back. Enjoy

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    119.99 or 89.99....they have 2 on display on of each price...maybe the 119.99 is cleaned up or something I don't know. I paid 89.99 for mine and didn't mind cleaning them up. VERY nice condition.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    MC Sports sells guns?! I wish ours had some...

Dunhams has sales on the Mosins from time to time......... right now at the store they are $159.00 for laminate and $119.00 for regular stock.
    Past sales had them at $89.00...... I'm going to grab one at the next sale.

Last edited:

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Dunhams has sales on the Mosins from time to time......... right now at the store they are $179.00
    Past sales had them at $89.00...... I'm going to grab one at the next sale.

Man Card Rulebook.....

Article A line 16...

Crossdressers are not allowed to own a Mosin Nagant:D

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    FYI I stopped by MC Sports in Bloomington Friday and they have some of the nicest mosin I have seen in a long time. Eric behind the counter was very helpfull. Several were 1939, some Tulas...i only took a couple...I left some for the rest on you. I took home an as new 1936 tula round receiver to match the 1936 tula hex receiver ex-sniper I scored there a few weeks back. Enjoy

Wow!! You must have caught them when they wern't busy. Nice score.

:ingo:

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    91/30's was all I think they have. I looked at 5 and bought 2 everyone of them was in great shape with a nice smooth deep blue receiver not the rough war time receiver I have been finding lately. I am getting picky on dates our I would have bought them all..I thin kI have a mosin problem...is 15 to many?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    We picked up my son's 1932 Mosin with a hex receiver at MC Sports in Muncie before Thanksgiving. I think we paid $119 for it. He had to clean the cosmoline off of it but it's a sweet gun. The salesman gave us a choice on what year we wanted. My son wanted the oldest one he had so he got the 1932.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    91/30's was all I think they have. I looked at 5 and bought 2 everyone of them was in great shape with a nice smooth deep blue receiver not the rough war time receiver I have been finding lately. I am getting picky on dates our I would have bought them all..I thin kI have a mosin problem...is 15 to many?

Not a problem an addiction... I bought 15 just the other day!!

manygunsmike

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie

So I bought 1 of these before. Dunhams had them for 89.99 this week. What do I look for? what is a Tula? Why? I would like to customize one.

Thanks

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So I bought 1 of these before. Dunhams had them for 89.99 this week. What do I look for? what is a Tula? Why? I would like to customize one.

Thanks

Tula should have a star with an arrow in it above the date stamp. Tula is Tula Arms Plant or Tulsky Oruzheiny Zavod (Тульский оружейный завод). I'm not really into Mosins (don't have one yet) but as far as the SKS, Tula is more highly desired. Depending on how you want to customize it, either look for the best overall rifle or if you're going to put it into an aftermarket stock...the best action, bore, metal parts. I've thought about getting one to put in a Boyd's stock (if they ever have them back in stock) or an ATI stock.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    Maybe it is just me, but why is it that this brand gets so much love? For being a surplus Russian militiary weapon?

Not really sure I have an answer for your question... But I bought my first one a week before Christmas and now I have three and shopping for my next 10. I love the the look of them and the history behind them and they are so much fun to shoot. Although I'm sure my neighbors wish I would have taken up a different hobby.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I picked one up from dunhams today for 89.99. Pretty sweet deal for the price. Came with the bayonet, sling, 2 pouches, tool kit, and oil can. Got a 1933 hex receiver that appears to be in really good shape

Top Bottom