• Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Fire Away............:ar15:

Teds site (7.62x54r.net) is awsome :yesway: and his forum is great just a bit strick :bat: and you need to know the secret hand shake to become a member. :p

OK, here is one. How rare is a stock Remington M91, not import mark, not US marked, not SA marked?

attachment.php

attachment.php

RemyWrist.jpg

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    OK, here is one. How rare is a stock Remington M91, not import mark, not US marked, not SA marked?

attachment.php

attachment.php

RemyWrist.jpg

Without going out on a limb and it being as described you could be in the $1000.00 plus range with that one. Recently they have been comanding some very hefty prices.
    Now that being said, that stock looks awful light in color for being American Walnut, is is just the pics or has it been replaced or refinished?

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I spent a lot of nights reading up on 54r's site I miss being a forum member oh well my post count was low .

manygunsmike

You can still be a Forum member Mike, post count doesn't matter to Ted, he just purged the membership rolls about a year ago if you hadn't logged on in the past month. He has gone back to his original intent of a strictly collectors forum for the purpose of collecting only.

If you have any questions just shoot me a PM.

Walt

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Fire Away............:ar15:

Teds site (7.62x54r.net) is awesome :yesway: and his forum is great just a bit strick :bat: and you need to know the secret hand shake to become a member. :p

Teds site is great! I go there often for info. Haven't posted in the forum for a long time but I log into the forum enough to maintain my membership.

The way i see it, Ted simply got tired of answering and policing and paying for the bandwidth for the newbie refurb posts and wanted to return to his concept of a site for true collectors of the rare Mosins. So they screen new members. Like it or not, elitist or not, it is a 100% privately funded forum, so Ted can do whatever he sees fit. Some have problems with this. I don't.

Les

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Centerfiresystems sent me an email last night with a special...M91/30 Russian Mosins for 129.99 shipped. I ordered 2 last night and by 9 this morning they were sold out of their shipment of them. Then during work I called one of the local shops and asked if they had any S&W Bodyguard 380's in and they said yep. I said Ill be in between 5/6 to pick it up. Went home and got the girlfriend and she bought her first gun (S&W 380). Somebody stop me please! Ive acquired 6 guns in the 10 guns in the last 2.5 weeks!

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Teds site is great! I go there often for info. Haven't posted in the forum for a long time but I log into the forum enough to maintain my membership.

The way i see it, Ted simply got tired of answering and policing and paying for the bandwidth for the newbie refurb posts and wanted to return to his concept of a site for true collectors of the rare Mosins. So they screen new members. Like it or not, elitist or not, it is a 100% privately funded forum, so Ted can do whatever he sees fit. Some have problems with this. I don't.

Les
    :yesway:

Couldn't agree more Les, plenty of other sights people can visit if they want to sporterize there mil-surps.
    Walt

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    :yesway:

Couldn't agree more Les, plenty of other sights people can visit if they want to sporterize there mil-surps.
    Walt

I'm not posting on teds site, simply because I really don't think I have any rifles or anything to say that I feel is truly appropriate for that particular forum. It takes a lot to impress that group and they have seen it all. They can be a tough crowd. But if and when I get something truly rare (like your Hungarian sniper) that is the first place I will post about it. In the meantime I read and learn and collect/shoot my uncommon Mosins.

As you may well know, I am not above some reversible minor sporterizing of Mosins. But I learned not to post about it in collector's forums.

Les

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Without going out on a limb and it being as described you could be in the $1000.00 plus range with that one. Recently they have been comanding some very hefty prices.
    Now that being said, that stock looks awful light in color for being American Walnut, is is just the pics or has it been replaced or refinished?

Some have seen them this light. The stock channel inside is just as orangish.

Stock channel. The hand guard is darker.

attachment.php

This is a better representation of the true color.

attachment.php

Here is what one person said.

I have seen one other Remington with a sort of light color like that has. The story that went with it was it was sold by relatives of a former worker at the Remington plant who had passed away. Supposedly the workers were given rifles at some time in place of monetary bonus if they chose that.

Top Bottom