• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    I have a mosin I posted about on here a while back that was given to me. It was made into a lamp but the gun was left completely intact, just a hole drilled in stock and a rod stuck in the barrel. Anyway I got it ready or shoot but it is all mismatched numbers and wondering if I should check headspace. If so does anyone have gauges a guy could borrow? I hate to buy a set to check one mosin. I would pay postage or meet if close enough and check it quick. Thanks.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    A gun made into a lamp, then converted back to a gun, would make a visit to a good gunsmith before I let loose 50,000 PSI 2 inches in front of my one and only right eye.

JMHO

mclovin1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2015
    Muncie
    I was just recently told that my Mosin has a head space issue. Rounds were seating fine, the action was smooth and then one day I field stripped it. When I put it back together it has been smooth with no bullets, but when I load a round I have to use all my strength to manipulate the action. Is there something I can do at home to fix this, or do I have to take it back to the gunsmith that told me I had this problem.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I was just recently told that my Mosin has a head space issue. Rounds were seating fine, the action was smooth and then one day I field stripped it. When I put it back together it has been smooth with no bullets, but when I load a round I have to use all my strength to manipulate the action. Is there something I can do at home to fix this, or do I have to take it back to the gunsmith that told me I had this problem.

Sounds like you have the bolt built wrong possibly with the firing pin stuck out. Again, bring it to the southside indy and you'll know if you too have a shooter or parts.

Top Bottom