• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who built much of his political capital by directing a fierce war with Chechen separatists a decade ago, vowed Monday that "terrorists will be destroyed."

Can you imagine Obama using language such as this? Islamic rebels living under Russian rule better move with a quickness or denounce fundamentalism because we just solidified our best ally in fighting Jihad.

Putin will not hesitate nor could he care less about his global image.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think I've heard this story before. Russians unhappy about domestic economic issues and then shortly afterward there is a terrorist bombing by outsiders. Public focus changes to external threats. Putin is a master at this stuff.:rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think I've heard this story before. Russians unhappy about domestic economic issues and then shortly afterward there is a terrorist bombing by outsiders. Public focus changes to external threats. Putin is a master at this stuff.:rolleyes:

Exactly. And maybe it was Chechnya's people. I doubt it would be Islamic extremists. They get too much weaponry and money from the Russians.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Exactly. And maybe it was Chechnya's people. I doubt it would be Islamic extremists. They get too much weaponry and money from the Russians.

I thought that they have been at war since the early 90's, isn't that what happened btwn them and Afghan. I think they even made a movie about it, although the main character's portrayee just died.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I thought that they have been at war since the early 90's, isn't that what happened btwn them and Afghan. I think they even made a movie about it, although the main character's portrayee just died.

Don't forget which Countries are on the side of Iran and their ilk. Who's funding and training these afgan/pakistan/syrian/egyptian/etc. terrorists? Iran.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    The war in Chechnya started out as a fight to kick Russian influence out of there. When extremists found out there was a large muslim population there many fighters from other nations moved in an turned it into their own personal jihad.
    Chechnya has its own homegrown terrorists that attacked many civilian places in Russia. Russia invaded Chechnya to fight back. The extremists moved in and all hell broke loose. Horrible atrocities were committed by both sides, thousands of civilians died and Grozny the capital along with a few other towns were almost bombed out of existence. I would hate to see that happen again.

That's why terrorists from Chechnya were a serious concern in Iraq because of their experience. The tactics used by Russia during their failed assault on Grozny became a textbook what not to do in urban combat. The US commanders studied those when they planned Fallujah.

There is a book on amazon that is a great read about it. Its short but well worth it for anyone interested.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Russias-Chechen-Wars-1994-2000-Lessons/dp/0833029983/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269899668&sr=1-6]Amazon.com: Russia's Chechen Wars 1994-2000: Lessons from the Urban Combat (9780833029980): Olga Oliker: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom