• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wow is this cool! Just found out this morning I was selected for the 3rd annual mushroom hunt at "Vermillion Rise" a huge wooded area that used to be the ammo dump years ago. They do a lottery drawing and I got picked and I can take a guest, the wife. $25.00 donation that goes to the Parke-Vermillion animal control which we try to support anyway. Our newest pup came from there and she is one great mutt. I will update this Sunday evening on how we do. Has anyone else been able to hunt this deal? Jim.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Found some yellows for breakfast this morning in the rain, I'm figuring this weekend will be busy here in the GSF.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Went to my farm in Montgomery County yesterday morning, early. Walked 2.4 miles and did not find a one. Got a call around noon from a neighbor saying he just wanted to let me know that he got turned around and had "accidentally" got on the property while looking for mushrooms, then asked if I had found any. Yeah right, my guess is he hunts mushrooms there all the time and just happened to walk past one of my trail cameras this time and realized he was busted.

Dirty Steve

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Went out yesterday on my property in Parke Co. All my normal spots were bare. Found 9 blacks along the lane where we have never found any before. IMHO it is still a bit early. We need a week or so of 70+ temps and they will pop.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Anyone finding them in Hancock or surrounding areas? We have been looking everyday this week without any luck
    They are starting to pop in Hamilton county. Found about 50 on Wednesday. Only kept about 12...most of the ones I found were the size of my thumb or smaller so I left them to grow and/or reproduce. Last year the first of May was the best time....looks like we are track for the same thing again this year.

Top Bottom