• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dumb on purpose. How does this woman stay in office? I would not put her in charge of a bake sale.

[FONT="]"A handgun [wound] is simply a stabbing with a bullet. It goes in like a nail." With the high-velocity rounds of the AR-15, "it’s as if you shot somebody with a Coke can." [/FONT]

https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/968272994119376896

Her constituents are on the receiving end of the big brother Benny's and she is their girl.
    How did that moron A. Carson stay in her seat......Answer.....center township.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    How do they square that with U.S. vs Miller where the Attorneys for the United States argued four points:

1. The NFA is intended as a revenue-collecting measure and therefore within the authority of the Department of the Treasury.
    2. The defendants transported the shotgun from Oklahoma to Arkansas, and therefore used it in interstate commerce.
    3. The Second Amendment protects only the ownership of military-type weapons appropriate for use in an organized militia.
    4. The "double barrel 12-gauge Stevens shotgun having a barrel less than 18 inches in length, bearing identification number 76230" was never used in any militia organization.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Here's my take on Ari.

To use his words...sounds like Ari does not know what HE is talking about.
    Let's start here, I love this line: “The Supreme Court has NEVER ruled the 2nd Amendment protects AR-15s or any individual weapons of war.”
    The Supreme Court has also NEVER ruled the 1st Amendment protects my right to drop f-bombs or any other vulgar words.

The First Amendment does not regulate whether I use a pen, a typewriter, an email, or a microphone. And at the time it was written, they could not conceive of the aforementioned.
    Sound familiar?

“…the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” The 2nd Amendment does not give us the right to own guns, it is already the right of the people.
    But rather the 2nd Amendment is designed to protect my Rights (the right of the people) from infringement.

Of note here: He clearly states at 1m:55s the SCOTUS did not rule on those cases…it REJECTED them. They did not want to hear the cases and they did not want to issue a ruling on the cases.

He further indicates that an appeals court did rule on one of those cases. To confuse you more, he does not define whether the appellate court was The US Court of Appeals or a much lower State Appeals Court. I have to assume it is a State Appellate Court because his graphic shows the text: “Current State Law” State Appellate courts do not decide the law of the land for the entire US. They decide for their state only.

At 3m:20s Ari Melber is not being truthful. In fact, he is being rather shady.
    He states: “That is the law. The Supreme Court has ruled…” No it did not. It rejected the cases. It never heard them. A State Appellate Court ruled, not the SCOTUS.

Justice Scalia’s comments are applicable because we already have laws concerning Automatic Weapons, short-barreled shotguns, short-barreled rifles, explosives, etc. It is called the NFA (National Firearms Act) of 1934. It is a national law passed before Scalia was even born.

Again, more media FUD in my opinion.
    I am not a Constitutional Lawyer and I don't have all the answers but please tell me if I have any of this wrong.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dumb on purpose. How does this woman stay in office? I would not put her in charge of a bake sale.

[FONT=&amp]"A handgun [wound] is simply a stabbing with a bullet. It goes in like a nail." With the high-velocity rounds of the AR-15, "it’s as if you shot somebody with a Coke can." [/FONT]

https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/968272994119376896

So, a .220 Swift or is like shooting someone with a 2 liter? Maybe the .22 CHeetah is like shooting someone with the family-sized stew cans?

If I fire a 5.56 from a slide-action or bolt action, is it somehow less lethal?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If I fire a 5.56 from a slide-action or bolt action, is it somehow less lethal?

Yes...My understanding is 5.56 fired from a slide fire or bolt gun shrinks the wound channel to the size of a mini coke can...

1_123125_2100252_2207998_2231290_091019_hn_coketn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Her constituents are on the receiving end of the big brother Benny's and she is their girl.
    How did that moron A. Carson stay in her seat......Answer.....center township.

The scary thing is Kevin DeLeon, Mr "Ghost Gun 30 Caliber Clip" is running for her seat, and stands a good shot at winning it. California really is completely ****ing retarded. How anyone that breathes air could live there is beyond me.

Top Bottom