• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    FBI, DOJ, BATF, DHS, and IRS are running roughshod over conservative Americans. When will they be reined in?
    With the technology of today these agencies can make Hitlers Gestapo look mild in comparison if they are allowed to continue on their present course.
    You know the answer to that question, but it’s not something that can be discussed here.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Had someone arguing recently that HRC’s drive was not bleached. Apparently that is the way they rationalize what happened in their minds, the fact they used a software program called bleach-bit does not matter, just that it was not treated with liquid bleach excuses it all…
    Yeah I've seen the silly fact checker articles.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Had someone arguing recently that HRC’s drive was not bleached. Apparently that is the way they rationalize what happened in their minds, the fact they used a software program called bleach-bit does not matter, just that it was not treated with liquid bleach excuses it all…
    So Jussie and Hillary's server have something in common

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    That's freaking hilarious!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. People have on concept of nuance. Like when Trump(? Or somebody else conservative) talked about a substance that works like bleach to kill the virus in our bodies. You know. Another word for Antibiotic. But of course the media insisted that he told us all to go literally drink literal Clorox Bleach. SMH.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I think you are very wrong about that. He would have been charged, and it would have been all eye witness testimony against him. He would have been convicted easily.
    And if the videos hadn't been released to the public already, the crooked fluffer DA would have destroyed them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can't believe a program can totally get rid of all information. I was always taught what went on a drive stays on it and all it takes is a good hacker to get it our no matter what is used. It must be physically destroyed, and that is whst I do with all old or dead drives. It's amazing what 50rds of ammunition can do to scrubbing a drive clean.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can't believe a program can totally get rid of all information. I was always taught what went on a drive stays on it and all it takes is a good hacker to get it our no matter what is used. It must be physically destroyed, and that is whst I do with all old or dead drives. It's amazing what 50rds of ammunition can do to scrubbing a drive clean.
    Generally, they will overwrite the whole drive a number of times, which makes it all but impossible to recover anything meaningful from the drive.

Your method definitely has an even better chance of success though. :):

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Basically, it's what KLB said.

If done right, there are programs that can make it impossible to recover the information. A lot of people will talk about how no program can actually fully erase things, but it's kind of the same thing as saying "every gun is loaded at all times": It's not literally true, but it's generally a lot safer to act as if it's true.

Physical destruction is generally a more fool-proof method, but even that has to be done right. If you only destroy the housing and don't actually destroy the disk, the disk can be remounted and the information recovered. I would suppose that even if you break the disk into pieces, there's at least a possibility that someone with the necessary resources could figure out a way to put the pieces back together enough to rig something up that can read it, and if the particular info you wanted happens to be on an intact piece, they might just get it back. It all depends just how determined someone is.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Basically, it's what KLB said.

If done right, there are programs that can make it impossible to recover the information. A lot of people will talk about how no program can actually fully erase things, but it's kind of the same thing as saying "every gun is loaded at all times": It's not literally true, but it's generally a lot safer to act as if it's true.

Physical destruction is generally a more fool-proof method, but even that has to be done right. If you only destroy the housing and don't actually destroy the disk, the disk can be remounted and the information recovered. I would suppose that even if you break the disk into pieces, there's at least a possibility that someone with the necessary resources could figure out a way to put the pieces back together enough to rig something up that can read it, and if the particular info you wanted happens to be on an intact piece, they might just get it back. It all depends just how determined someone is.
    Yep DoD standard is a 7x overwrite with random bits. I've seen programs that will do it 1000x but with the size of today's drives that would take weeks if not months. Run the program, pull the disk, shatter with the method of your choice, then burn the pieces. And just to make sure take off and nuke the ashes from orbit. That should eliminate any chances of recovery.

Technically, erasing doesn't really erase anything. It just gets rid of the information that tells the PC where the data in question is. That is why you have to actually overwrite the disk with garbage.
    I believe you meant deleting.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep DoD standard is a 7x overwrite with random bits. I've seen programs that will do it 1000x but with the size of today's drives that would take weeks if not months. Run the program, pull the disk, shatter with the method of your choice, then burn the pieces. And just to make sure take off and nuke the ashes from orbit. That should eliminate any chances of recovery.

I believe you meant deleting.
    CSB: most modern laptop platter based drives will shatter into gravely bits when struck with a hammer. Not sure why but the material is like tempered glass. We do basic destruction on a drive before tossing it in the recycling gaylord. We just want to make sure a casual actor doesnt get their hands on anything sensitive so we give them a whack with the pointy end of a geologist hammer. through the platter. Before we got that it was a couple whacks with a hammer on the circuit board and/or bearings. When I did that to a laptop drive I noticed when I picked it up it sounded like it was full of sand. :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Apple used to have a utility built in to their computers that would just overwrite free space over and over. It disappeared several versions ago, not sure why... NSA...

Top Bottom