• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Response By Email (Barbara)(09/09/2019 10:21 PM)
    Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email. During the past year, Meijer has made several changes to our policies regarding ammunition, including increasing the age of purchase. In light of recent events, we are evaluating our ammunition offerings as well as our policies regarding customers carrying firearms into our stores. Throughout this process we will continue to listen to our customers and do what is needed to ensure they feel safe while shopping our stores.

Thank you again for taking the time to write, and for shopping with Meijer. We appreciate your business and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

Barbara
    Meijer Customer Care

In the mean time...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Response By Email (Barbara)(09/09/2019 10:21 PM)
    Dear Tom,

Thank you for your email. During the past year, Meijer has made several changes to our policies regarding ammunition, including increasing the age of purchase. In light of recent events, we are evaluating our ammunition offerings as well as our policies regarding customers carrying firearms into our stores. Throughout this process we will continue to listen to our customers and do what is needed to ensure they feel safe while shopping our stores.

Thank you again for taking the time to write, and for shopping with Meijer. We appreciate your business and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Sincerely,

Barbara
    Meijer Customer Care

In the mean time...

Key words: “...feel safe...”. Morons!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    What's interesting is that these statements by Meijer and such all state they are concerned for the safety of the people so they don't want open carry because that make them "feel" unsafe.

So what exactly are they doing to make people safe? Is the 80 year old little lady at the front door gonna make anyone feel safer? I actually feel safer when I know who is carrying. The logic of all this is mind boggling. If they want safety, pay for armed guards! Instead they make us pay the price by taking away our legal rights; which does not provide a safer environment.

"The safety of our customers and team members is our top priority, so we respectfully request that our customers do not open carry firearms at Meijer. We’ve made this decision because open carry can create an environment that makes our customers and team members feel unsafe."

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Ya know what, I feel very unsafe when I see grown men with their pants hanging on their hips below the a**es. Let's start banning the way people dress, speak, walk, the hats they wear.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think it's time for an "Of Course I'm Carrying a Concealed Weapon" T-shirts. Or maybe one with the gun printed on the side to make it "look" like I'm carrying IWB.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I personally don't agree with "in your face" kind of responses when I am trying to build an image of respect and support. It's not that I don't want to get in someone's face, I just think it is bad for the cause.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    please don't shout.

:chillpill:

Somebody needs to...

CULTURE DRIVES POLITICS AND POLITICS CONTROL YOUR LIFE. THESE PEOPLE ARE RE-SHAPING OUR CULTURE TO MATCH THEIR OWN PREFERENCES, WHICH WILL INEVITABLY LEAD TO NEW LAWS THAT INFRINGE ON YOUR LIBERTY.

NiftyEmbellishedCollardlizard-small.gif

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    The difficulty is trying to boycott everyone at one time. Its like a shotgun effect with no real damage. What needs to happen is organized boycotting. I said it years ago that when there is talk of boycotting we need to collectively, as a group, decide which place to boycott and for how long. Then, after 2 months or so, move on to the next place. There is a greater impact that will be realized by doing "focused" boycotts for specific time frames. The NRA, GOA or similar would be a great place to organize such a focus.

Ingo and other gun forums could actually help by being the voice for those such focused boycotts.

A focused boycott versus a scattered boycott will have greater results and a greater impact. CVS for 3 months, Walmart for 3 months, Target......you get the picture. It would be like "waves" of financial disaster.

I’m still on the wave of boycotting “Dick’s” for their anti-2nd destroying AR’s and refusal to sell them. Seems like that was about 2yrs ago when that happened. Sad, because I “used” to patronize them quite a bit.

LiveFreeOrDie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2019
    Crown Point
    You are correct, a no gun sign carries no force of law in Indiana. However, if a private business asks you to leave because of open carry and you refuse, you can be arrested.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are correct, a no gun sign carries no force of law in Indiana. However, if a private business asks you to leave because of open carry and you refuse, you can be arrested.

This has been covered ad naseum, but a properly worded "no guns sign" does indeed carry force of law, per code. Though, I have yet to see one that meets the requirements to have that force.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    It's probably been said in past pages but, if a property owner doesn't want you to open carry, then don't open carry. It doesn't bother me personally to see people open carry, but I don't personally do it because I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying. I don't need to advertise it, but like I said I don't object to you doing it. Now I'll just conceal 2 guns everywhere I go. And I wonder if trench coats will make a comeback when it starts getting cold out? You can conceal an AR pistol in one.

Wal Mart stopped selling ARs a few years back and as a recent even has proven, it did them absolutely no good. This won't matter either, except to all the snowflakes out there. Buy ammo at your local gun shop.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I sure hope they are way paid up on their liability insurance. In one fashion or another, all of these fools just turned their stores from "gun free zones" to "mass murder zones." Besides that, when a properly armed citizen drops a criminal in their store, the medal and parade the citizen will earn will make the store policy pale in comparison.

Top Bottom