• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's why I keep most of mine in the safe rather than an account.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Get ready, tree. You shall eat well.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Some language for exceptionally sensitive ears...

[video=youtube;3kEpZWGgJks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks[/video]

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Nothing will be done about this as long as they limit the number of the common citizen's accounts they seize. Big and small business owners (whom many perceive all as fat cats, contrary to the truth) will probably get hit hard. Especially if you do not agree with whatever current administration is in office (Republican or Democrat).

Growing up I was taught that we were a nation of laws, not of men. It appears that is no longer the case. Laws and regulations have been made so complicated that the only conceivable purpose left for them is to be used as punishment for those who believe differently than those in power. Because if we really wanted to achieve something in this country (health care reform, environmental reform, political reform, economic reform) we should not need 100,000 pages of regulation for each one of those. If we truly believed in each person being equal under the law and self reliance, then most solutions are far, far simpler.

Butternut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    SouthWestern Louisiana
    I've heard the stories online but it happened to a friend of mine. Their baby was born with some complications and racked up some bills. They were making payments but apparently not enough. The money was taken out of their savings electronically and they were sent an email notice of what had been done.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Law Lets I.R.S. Seize Accounts on Suspicion, No Crime Required

Yeah, I know, not really news to most around here.

And yet folks believe slavery was abolished under King Lincoln?

Slavery is alive and well in the land of the free and formerly brave.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've heard the stories online but it happened to a friend of mine. Their baby was born with some complications and racked up some bills. They were making payments but apparently not enough. The money was taken out of their savings electronically and they were sent an email notice of what had been done.

Not quite the same as a garnishment. These folks in the article are having large sums of money confiscated simply because it looks suspicious. Its then up to them to prove their innocence to get their money back. It was theirs and they didnt owe it to anyone. Or at least if it was owed to someone such as a medical bill, pending car sale, etc those who took it were not the intended recipient.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    That's why I keep most of mine in the safe rather than an account.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Get ready, tree. You shall eat well.

So when they come to the house and demand you open the safe, then what?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So when they come to the house and demand you open the safe, then what?

Don't be the guy that does that. You'll get shot in the face. I am perfectly serious about that. I'll go off in the woods before I grant the .gov anything outside the constitution. I don't have that much to lose anymore, but I consider it much to gain, if only for my offspring.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Don't be the guy that does that. You'll get shot in the face. I am perfectly serious about that. I'll go off in the woods before I grant the .gov anything outside the constitution. I don't have that much to lose anymore, but I consider it much to gain, if only for my offspring.

Indeed.

Butternut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    SouthWestern Louisiana
    Not quite the same as a garnishment. These folks in the article are having large sums of money confiscated simply because it looks suspicious. Its then up to them to prove their innocence to get their money back. It was theirs and they didnt owe it to anyone. Or at least if it was owed to someone such as a medical bill, pending car sale, etc those who took it were not the intended recipient.

I do see the distinction but in my mind its a small one. The net result is the same.

Top Bottom