• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Montgomery Ward? Didn't even know they were still such a thing. Used to shop there years and years ago but there hasn't been one in this area for years and years.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    End of first quarter and Michigan taking it to Washington. Can’t admit rooting for Michigan, but I sure hope the Big 10 kicks butt!

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Didn't care who won - I'm a Bama fan. I was impressed with Michigan over Ohio St, and knew they'd be trouble for Bama. Gotta hand it to Michigan, they beat several good teams to win it all.

Was a shame with Washington's running back being hobbled. Can't believe Washington didn't have some other athlete on their squad who could have jumped into that position to give a little more pop to the running game.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's been talk about Harbaugh retuning to the NFL as a HC, possibly with the Bears since he played for them. Some are saying the odds just increased on his return to the NFL for a new challenge since winning a National Championship at Michigan has now been achieved. Something to keep an eye on.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    There's been talk about Harbaugh retuning to the NFL as a HC. Some are saying the odds just increased... since winning a National Championship at Michigan has now been achieved.
    We'll see after the NCAA finishes investigating the cheating.

I wonder if the NCAA will cut Michigan a deal. Make Harbaugh go to the NFL, and we'll let you keep the title. Sweep everything under the rug, and move on quietly.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What do they have? To paraphrase Franklin, "A championship, if they can keep it." We'll see after the NCAA finishes investigating the cheating.
    They will keep it. No one can take it away, no one can give it to anyone one else. They can put an asterisk beside it, even delete it, Tucker they can never take the win on the field away, the win from the fans, the win from the players. It is ludicrous to think they can do anything in a way that the experience is lost, and conversely that another team can gain the experience.

Can you imagine going through life having to explain you got your butt kicked in the game but the other team that kicked butt, called a recruit during wuwho flu call moratorium and so we won not the team that kicked butt…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's been talk about Harbaugh retuning to the NFL as a HC, possibly with the Bears since he played for them. Some are saying the odds just increased on his return to the NFL for a new challenge since winning a National Championship at Michigan has now been achieved. Something to keep an eye on.
    A few other indicators that he might be contemplating retuning to coach in the NFL.

Michigan reportedly made him a very substantial offer to remain there sometime before Christmas, but he has yet to accept it. It's also been reported that he now has an agent that has experience with NFL contracts. He's never had an agent before as a coach.

Lastly like I mentioned now that he's won an NCAA National Championship at Michigan, he might want to return to the NFL to take another shot at winning a Super Bowl as HC.

As the HC of the 49'ers he lost to his brother in a Super Bowl matchup. who was the HC of the Ravens.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Montgomery Ward? Didn't even know they were still such a thing. Used to shop there years and years ago but there hasn't been one in this area for years and years.
    I remember going there with my mom years and years ago. She bought a new computer there. I swear as soon as we walked out the door with it they closed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember going there with my mom years and years ago. She bought a new computer there. I swear as soon as we walked out the door with it they closed.
    Yep. My parents shopped there all the time. I remember them buying all sorts of things including a new TV and such. Another place that I remember from years ago was Service Merchandise. This was before Best Buy and the like were even a thing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    FIFY. And John is poised to get back there again..
    Correct. Jim Harbaugh is very competitive, and he probably sees losing the Super Bowl as unfinished business and I think that's another motivation for him to return to the NFL after now achieving a pinnacle at Michigan.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Spoken like a Ohio State fan that is tired getting beat…
    Harbaugh righted the ship in the Ohio State rivalry and has now won a National Championship at Michigan. He has nothing left to prove on the collegiate level.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What do they have? To paraphrase Franklin, "A championship, if they can keep it." We'll see after the NCAA finishes investigating the cheating.
    I will readily admit that I am a Michigan fan, and have been since birth, but I try to check my bias.

That being said, there is no one in the know talking about any punishment that would strip the title even if wrongdoing is found.

The reason is simple and not a conspiracy or inside deal or saving face. It's this- the alleged violations are low level infractions.

What many people seem to miss is that "sign stealing" isn't really the issue because if you can look at a game and figure out what the signs are, that is not a violation in the least. I guarantee every top level team has people scouring television broadcasts to do that.

The infraction comes from spending money (or allowing money to be spent) on travel to have people at games live. Sitting in the stands and recording what any fan can see and then analyzing it? No problem. However, about 20 years ago, they stopped letting teams pay for travel for people to do it live. There could be a fine or some other punishment, but this isn't USC 2004. No one paid a player or his family or bought anyone a house....which is an irony given open NIL compensation presently.

So, let the chips fall where they may, but this isn't really much of a thing....outside the media and U of M haters.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom