• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... after getting one too many phone calls for money....

When I picked up a 5 year membership a couple of years ago, I either went into my account or called them (don't remember which) and was able to have all calls, mailings and emails stopped. I haven't received any at all.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I tried to call and buy a gift life membership for my wife at about 930 tonight after we get the kids put to bed. Their system was struggling keeping up with all the demand for memberships and donations. The poor woman I spoke to had things so screwed up on her and that she asked me to call back telling me that they were there until 11 tonight. Unfortunately when I called back the switchboard was closed so I will have to take this up later.

Kind of bummed out that I didn’t get this done on money bomb day but I will get it done at first available opportunity. By the way the life membership was still $600.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    What I meant to say was that I haven't decided *yet* whether to join the NRA. As someone who is new to this, I need to resist my tendency to rush into things without research. It's how my wife and I became AARP members.. I may end up joining, or maybe joining GOA. What I also want is to avoid being buried in an avalanche of spam, both paper, electronic, and by phone. Especially by phone. I understand that both groups are doing God's work with respect to our Second Amendment rights, but for now I will support them only with the occasional donation.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I made one call years ago and complained about all of the mailings and everything stopped immediately.

I am subscribed to ILA e-mails.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    What I meant to say was that I haven't decided *yet* whether to join the NRA. As someone who is new to this, I need to resist my tendency to rush into things without research. It's how my wife and I became AARP members.. I may end up joining, or maybe joining GOA. What I also want is to avoid being buried in an avalanche of spam, both paper, electronic, and by phone. Especially by phone. I understand that both groups are doing God's work with respect to our Second Amendment rights, but for now I will support them only with the occasional donation.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I understand how you feel. I was (and actually still am) worried about the spam issue (my mail carrier sucks! I get my neighbors' mail, they get mine. It's annoying.) and the, heretofore, sporadic stands that the NRA has taken historically for 2nd Amendment rights. The compromises they have helped push through (NFA, GCA, NICS, the recent call for ATF to regulate bump stocks, etc. These and others are in the pages of INGO). I'm also not a huge fan of their tendency to use fear as well as other unrelated political views (talking about non-2A) to gain members. I thought about just donating and not joining, but I figured, if I'm going to donate anyway, I might as well join and stand with other gun owners. I feel like joining helps to unify all gun owners to that next step, albeit a relatively small one. So, I did join yesterday. Having said that, I did also join the GOA. That was a much easier decision for me. They are much smaller, but they have a very hard-line stance when it comes to the 2nd, which I greatly admire.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    A few years ago I had used my business address for membership or a donation. My receptionist was a real liberal and so annoyed she had to answer the NRA calls and be polite. I did tell them to stop calling there (and they did) but I had a little tickle out of the reaction it created.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Donated to NRA-ILA yesterday. Observation: For a gun which has no other purpose than to kill people, my AR seems to have thousands of mystery rounds thru it. Perhaps someone who was at the march can provide an explanation, since there were so many experts there.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Has anyone saw the numbers produced yesterday? Dollars and memberships. I've looked a little but not been able to find anything.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just sent an e mail to membership asking then to make amounts of new members and and money donated on the 24th.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    When I picked up a 5 year membership a couple of years ago, I either went into my account or called them (don't remember which) and was able to have all calls, mailings and emails stopped. I haven't received any at all.

Thank you sir. I'll check it out once my membership gets set up.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I made $100 donations to each of the following: NRA-ILA, FPC, GOA. I'm over these anti-freedom folks. Somebody needs to let the Dems know the 1970's are over along with the pot smoking idiotic protests they stage. I'd love to know how what they're doing with these kids isn't child abuse.

Top Bottom