• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    For well over a year now our Comcast internet service has decided to randomly disconnect between 5PM and 11PM. We have had at least five techs come to the apartment to look at our service. Each time they said everything inside the apartment is OK and the problem is with the outside lines. A few weeks ago after I continuously harassed Comcast, a line tech showed up to look at the outside lines. He showed up at 3PM when every normal person in the area was at work, therefore nobody was tying up the lines. The tech said everything was fine and closed out my ticket.

A couple days later I called Comcast to have a tech come out and he did as agreed. He again, checked everything inside the apartment and everything turned out to be OK. He told me he would have his boss call me to give me his cell phone number so when my service disconnected again, I could call him and he would check it right then. Two days go by and I was not surprised that I didn’t receive a phone call like I was promised.

Last night our service disconnected again. Fed up, I called Comcast and told them I have extinguished all other options and felt like replacing my modem although the tech told me my modem was fine. They said I could do that free of charge at one of their local offices…. Sounded simple enough. – Oh was I wrong!

So today...

I looked up the local Comcast Office and found the closest office from Noblesville was off of 116th Street in Fishers. It took me 25-minutes to get there and another 10-minutes to find the office. I finally found it and all the windows were boarded up and it said closed. Fantastic! I looked up the next closest location and it said there was another Comcast Office 35-miles to the East on 116th Street. I drove to that location and it turned out to be a golf course. Awesome! I then called Comcast and after eight attempts I finally spoke to a real person from Iran. Mr. Iranian told me the next closest location was at 71 N. Shadeland Ave in Indianapolis (16-minutes away). I put the address in Google and saw it was across the street from where I purchased my car. Sixteen minutes later, I finally arrived to a large empty parking lot. WTF! Fed up even more, I drove around the area but was unable to find the Comcast Office.

I then attempted to call Comcast again and finally got through to a real person after six attempts. The woman told me the address was actually 7371 N. Shadeland Ave which was back in Castleton (16 -minutes from the way I just came). I hung up and proceeded there. Awesome, I finally found a building with the words Comcast written on the outside. I got out of my car and proceeded toward the building when I notice a line snaking through the inside of the building, out the front door, and down the side walk next to the building. Keeping in mind everything I just went through to get there I was going to wait in line if it took all night.

One hour and fifteen minutes later, I was finally next in line and had at least 50 people standing behind me. I walked up to the counter (to one of the only two ghetto women working and noticed two other ghetto women sitting on stools in the back room). I handed her my modem and told her it didn’t work and I was told I could get a new one. She walked to the back, grabbed a modem wrapped in plastic (most likely refurbished, not new) and set it on the counter. She then asked for a picture ID. I pulled my wallet from my back pocket and instead of going through my wallet to find my driver’s license, I simply showed her my police ID that is usually on top and has my photo/name on it – WRONG IDEA!

She then decided to go on a rant about “dah po-lice”. She said, “Mah niece n nephews don’t like dah po-lice. Every time I see dem dey be like, auntie look at dat po-lice prolly haiten on someone.” The woman then said, “I bet der momma was locked up for sumtin.” Cool story woman, but frankly I don’t care and I hope I never have to see you again. I personally want you to shut up and give me the modem I have been waiting for for the last two hours. :xmad:

So now I am sitting at home. The time is now 7:15pm and everything seems to be working... Oh, I can only hope!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    And people think I'm a fool for having ATT DSL. Only very rarely does it every go out......usually when I forget to pay the bill.....:whistle:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That sucks.

As I was reading your message, I knew right away where you'd end up. There was that Comcast office off Cumberland, just north of 146th, but it closed a couple years ago. It was awful convenient to me at 141st and 37. Only other place I knew of was on Shadeland, where you ended up. I have no idea where those folks were getting their info, but the Comcast service center location only shows the one on Shadeland. Find Locations, Service Centers and Payment Centers - XFINITY from Comcast

If you buy a modem it pays for itself in about 7 or 8 months. I've had mine for like 7 years now (got it free from Insight when I moved to Fishers).

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And people think I'm a fool for having ATT DSL. Only very rarely does it every go out......usually when I forget to pay the bill.....:whistle:
    I said the very same thing to Mr88GT just tonight. We'll settle for slightly slower until ATT decides not to provide the service anymore. Then I'll cry when I have to deal with all the BS.

Top Bottom