• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I have seen books hollowed out and other such things. The best way to make it inconspicuous is take something that is around you all the time and make it into something that can be used to carry the gun.

Yep.

"In Plain Sight". Nobody cares if you carry your tennis racquet with you around the gym, or if it sits on the chair next to you at Cracker Barrel.

b726e302.jpg

9d3abfba.jpg

220c0f88.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Leaving your gun somewhere might not be a crime, but if someone else finds it and uses it, you could be liable for negligence. I would keep it on my body, or in my car, but never in a container that will not remain attached to my body, such as a folder or mug, unless I never planned on those items leaving my hands.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I was at target tonight and saw a small case made my master lock that would probably fit a pistol. It seemed pretty secure.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I suppose you could hollow out a Bible and carry a gun in there. Dress nice and people will stay away from you for fear of being evangelized!:D

jag.40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    I can't remember where I saw it at and can't find any pictures but I remember seeing a newspaper holster I think it was just a folded up newspaper with a nylon strap in it to hold a pistol sounds like a bad idea to me all it would take is for one person to ask to see the paper I like the solo cup and block combo myself

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Are you looking for a place in your vehicle or for something you will carry with you? For in the vehicle get a worn pair of work boots. Eight inch boots will hide a foot-sized gun (imagine that!). Get your WORST pair of stinky tube socks to stuff in the top if needed.

Most of the cases and things offered up to now would be subject to theft...... I have even had a Coleman lunchbox stolen off the job. NOBODY will even look at a raggedy pair of work boots. Just throw them right out in the open in plain view. Even if somebody DID look at them you have a 50% better chance than with a single case of some kind. For added protection leave an mp3 player or a camera or anything semi-valuable on the dash as a diversion. guys will just grab the obvious and run away, leaving the good stuff behind.

For on person use don't even think that the nice leather butt-pack is fooling anybody.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I found a book at a used book store, "The Power and Rights" or something fitting. Spent a night with a razor blade, dremel and watered down wood glue.

I liked my Bersa Thunder that it was designed for, but I liked the book better - looked real good in my office.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Hiding stuff in plain sight.. has always worked better for me than completely hiding it. I had a car of mine broken into years ago.. they didn't get a thing out of it and I even had a loaded Glock 21 crammed between the seat and center console, stupid thieves. Too bad my firearm didn't jump up and split their head wide open like you hear about some firearms doing all on their own.

Top Bottom